The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: More Power Wanted

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    I4betterthanUR4

More Power Wanted

Well school's right around the corner so I'll be getting a nice check. I'll be doing a lot of freeway driving to and from school and work and I would love a little extra power but I can't decide if there is anything within a $500 budget that would net me something noticeable. The upgrade can't be too time consuming either since I'll be needing my car working every day with maybe a weekend of down time if I get lucky.

I thought maybe I'll just get some new rims but I like the one's I have now and don't really need to replace them. Then I thought about suspension since I love a smooth looking stock but low car but aesthetics to me is second place. I know I'll get better handling with a good suspension but it snows a lot up here so I'm happy with my current ride height.

Right now all I have is a custom (read: homemade) semi-cai intake and I chopped off my mufler and put the stock tip back on to keep the coppers away.

So would anything within $500 give me a little more oomph? A new cam? Headers?

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Full Cat-Back exhaust system, High Flow Cat, Headers, Outlander IM Swap, V6TB Swap etc. You'll definitely notice a difference in response & maybe a lil more power but nothing too serious
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

5 speed swap

he cant do a 5-speed 500$ wont finish it and it takes too much time go with what rach said thats ur best bet for that kinda money but dont expect a huge power difference 500 only goes so far. u might just wanna save it and go 5-speed when u get more money.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

^^ yea i agree you should save up a few hundred $$$ more for a 5SPD swap. with the 5SPD theres more possibilities
    Last edited by Rach3T8G; 09-12-2010 at 06:55 PM
    - Chris -

500??ill say cold air intake+v6 tb..and some more for headers and full exhaust,,when you a job go for 5 speed swap + turbo

8th and 9th gen galants

i can sell u a very very good start to a turbo setup, 14b turbo,manifold, exhaust flange,side mount intercooler, fuel rail, and all the necassary lines. u would just have to get(injectors,resistor box,oil feed line,intercooler pipping, ill even throw in my maft version 2.02 and gm 3 inch maf for 500 shipped.

I4betterthanUR4
    Where's the cheapest place to buy rims and tires online? Do they charge a lot to ship them? Local stores always carry the ugliest rims by cheap companies I've never heard of before.

Thanks everyone, I'll just save my money until I get some extra time and decide which direction I want to go with the car.

Quote Originally Posted by allrice4g64 View Post
    i can sell u a very very good start to a turbo setup, 14b turbo,manifold, exhaust flange,side mount intercooler, fuel rail, and all the necassary lines. u would just have to get(injectors,resistor box,oil feed line,intercooler pipping, ill even throw in my maft version 2.02 and gm 3 inch maf for 500 shipped.
    Thanks for the offer but I have no time to install and tune a turbo set up. I would love to do it but can't right now. Good luck selling it.
    Last edited by I4betterthanUR4; 09-12-2010 at 10:09 PM

no problem i aint really selling it just thought if u wanted to buy it its urs, its just my spare turbo setup.nice to have one of those cuz my g is my daily driver and only car.

Quote Originally Posted by I4betterthanUR4 View Post
    Where's the cheapest place to buy rims and tires online? Do they charge a lot to ship them? Local stores always carry the ugliest rims by cheap companies I've never heard of before.

Thanks everyone, I'll just save my money until I get some extra time and decide which direction I want to go with the car.
    Try Tire Rack --> http://www.tirerack.com
    - Chris -

You know what's the best option? Save that check and use that money only on fuel for a couple of months since you are gonna be driving on freeways most of the time. Then save whatever money you will earn during that semester on a more satisfactory project later on. Cool huh?

psh g-spot you make waaay to much sense its kinda creepy it money you gotta go blow it on something right? XD but seriously hes right id save it till you can do a turbo or something cause ill tell you what theres nothing like boost im totally addicted.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

^OP should take notes so when his kid grows up into a teenager he can use that to teach him financial responsibilities. Aw screw it, let him learn the hard way that's what grow hair in guys chest nowadays.