The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Home Depot Camber kit Question

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Home Depot Camber kit Question

So In the next couple of weeks I'm going to need a rear camber kit, I'm planning on going with the "Home Depot kit", I already got the link for the bolts, but I haven't found the size of the washers I need, can anyone post a link of the necessary washers?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

4g64T 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    If you plan on doing this mod, just to let you know the bolts might break off in the body of the car. Be very careful doing this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1 View Post
    If you plan on doing this mod, just to let you know the bolts might break off in the body of the car. Be very careful doing this mod.
    Can you be more specific, like break when taking them out or installing them, I'll use the 10.9 bolts, why would they break?

4g64T 5spd

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    yea as long as you use the appropriate bolt strength your fine....ebay sells the mod in the form of shims way simpler and each shim shaves off i think .25 off..and it brings the bolts it was like 15 bucks..i trust way more then some random washers

ex..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05...s#ht_741wt_914

if you pm him he can sell you them separate even if you need more

i run this same exact setup on my eibach
    Last edited by 02redgalant; 08-17-2010 at 07:10 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    washer size will be the same as the bolt size

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    yea as long as you use the appropriate bolt strength your fine....ebay sells the mod in the form of shims way simpler and each shim shaves off i think .25 off..and it brings the bolts it was like 15 bucks..i trust way more then some random washers

ex..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05...s#ht_741wt_914

if you pm him he can sell you them separate even if you need more

i run this same exact setup on my eibach
    Do you think the bolts included for the rear camber kit are 10.9 or would you recommend me get the 10.9 bolts from another source and just get the shims from him? Are you running the complete kit with bolts and everything or just his shims?

I'll ask the seller

4g64T 5spd

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    to be honest no clue about the bolts... but i've running them since about early last year...I drive pretty hard around turns...etc..everythings good so far i have 2 pairs on one side\1 pair on the other

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Can you be more specific, like break when taking them out or installing them, I'll use the 10.9 bolts, why would they break?
    I'm talking about the bolts that are in the car now. The OEM factory bolts. Getting those out they can break off into the body of the car.

Omega how did this go? I am about to do this, probably this friday. I am sitting on -2.3 degrees left and right in rear so I am going to get as flush as I can without having a rubbing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Omega how did this go? I am about to do this, probably this friday. I am sitting on -2.3 degrees left and right in rear so I am going to get as flush as I can without having a rubbing issue.
    I bought just the rear kit from the seller 02redgalant posted 16 shims and the bolts, I have't installed since I lowered the car on friday and saturday, tomorrow I'm going to get the rear fenders cut a little more and try to correct as much camber as possible without rubbing, I have currently like 2-3 degrees but haven't installed the kit, I'll try to do the install this week I will post here when I'm done.

P.S. What do you guys do get the camber measured, correct it and measure it again or just measure and install the kit, since each of my shims shave .25 degrees.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 09-07-2010 at 01:51 AM

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    I bought just the rear kit from the seller 02redgalant posted 16 shims and the bolts, I have't installed since I lowered the car on friday and saturday, tomorrow I'm going to get the rear fenders cut a little more and try to correct as much camber as possible without rubbing, I have currently like 2-3 degrees but haven't installed the kit, I'll try to do the install this week I will post here when I'm done.

P.S. What do you guys do get the camber measured, correct it and measure it again or just measure and install the kit, since each of my shims shave .25 degrees.

I would get it measured again afterwards. Drive on it a bit first as well cause if there is rubbing then you can adjust and then get it measured to be sure it is within specs.

UPDATE: Camber kit installed today thanks to 02redgalant for the link, I used 4 shims per bolt, so approx. 1* of camber corrected, no rubbing, everything looks good.

4g64T 5spd