The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ways to make stiffer steering

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    fixed =]
    I was talking about the rear strut bar... I think you have to get a custom one made.. But I am saying just like a front strut bar but underneither your rear deck..

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    I was talking about the rear strut bar... I think you have to get a custom one made.. But I am saying just like a front strut bar but underneither your rear deck..
    rear tie bar? rear sway bar? i think that rear strut bars are more for like wagons
    Bryan - TGCWI - 6g72 5 speed

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376567

TGC Regular
    Its Rear strut bars.. Ive seen them done before...

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    the struts are behind the seats. the actual body of the car acts like a strut bar for the rear. if you really want a custom made one the whole back seat would have to be taken out. i doubt he would do that just to make his steering a bit better

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

yeah ik where they go...i installed my coilovers so i know where the struts are. I just never knew of anyone having a rear one on a galant
    Bryan - TGCWI - 6g72 5 speed

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376567

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    You can try and find a front underbrace.. Dont know if the 8G's have them avalible or not. Also you can replace all your bushings with poly-urithane bushings. Invest in front and rear strut bars... What kind of coulovers do you have? You might be able to upgrade them.. LOL
    there used to be a company that made chasis bracing for us and the 3G eclipse. i have the kit (5 steel bracing bars under the car) on my car and was one of the original prototype testers. the kit was made by D3Design and was called the CSK (chasis stiffening kit). they are no longer made and are super rare now.

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    the struts are behind the seats. the actual body of the car acts like a strut bar for the rear. if you really want a custom made one the whole back seat would have to be taken out. i doubt he would do that just to make his steering a bit better
    it's not really the seat that interferes w/ installing a rear STB, it's the steel section under the rear deck that gets in the way (and incidentally acts as a rear STB anyways). typically rear STB's are installed on hatchbacks that lack this section between the rear strut towers since they don't have true rear decks. some sedans and coupes can use rear STB's since their strut towers are in the trunk... the USDM 8G is not one of those designs.

Quote Originally Posted by bsilver23 View Post
    yeah ik where they go...i installed my coilovers so i know where the struts are. I just never knew of anyone having a rear one on a galant
    it was prototyped by ROAD RACE ENGINEERING years ago, but the conclusion was that it added little to no advantage in torsional rigidity and handling so it was never produced. the front STB does however box the front strut towers well since there is no structure there like in the rear.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    it was prototyped by ROAD RACE ENGINEERING years ago, but the conclusion was that it added little to no advantage in torsional rigidity and handling so it was never produced. the front STB does however box the front strut towers well since there is no structure there like in the rear.
    too bad my Diamante TB gets in the way.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    too bad my Diamante TB gets in the way.. lol
    would the CARBING bar clear it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12