The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I4 tb to Diamante tb??

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    PrityG-lant03

I4 tb to Diamante tb??

Ive been searching for this mod but i cnt find anything straight forward about it..does anyone know exactly what you have to do with the wiring if your bolting this on to an I4??

I believe you can straight swap it with a little modification... Search the tutorials
    -Andrew

Connect it wire for wire. Like Pin 1 to Pin 1, Pin 2 to Pin 2, etc..

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    IAC connector is different, make sure you have an IAC connector from a 6g74 TB and cut your stock IAC connector. Wire up the 6g74 connector to your stock harness matching the wires correctly and for everything else should be plug and play. Make sure you also have new hoses bc your ganna have to take the old one off bc its not long enough.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

PrityG-lant03
    Ok thanks guys..but is there a big difference between swapping the diamante tb on the i4 and swapping the v6 tb? is it worth is to do those mods or just get a v6 tb to swap in?

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrityG-lant03 View Post
    Ok thanks guys..but is there a big difference between swapping the diamante tb on the i4 and swapping the v6 tb? is it worth is to do those mods or just get a v6 tb to swap in?
    I would just do the v6 TB swap. There is no reason why your TB should really be that big for the small intake manifold the 4g64 motor has and for the power it puts out, your more likely to hurt the power than gain. Just go with the v6 swap and with that every thing is plug and play

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

PrityG-lant03
    ok that does make sense ..thanks alot man