The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lowering my 02Galant soon...

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    mtgraves2010

Icon6 Lowering my 02Galant soon...

Question, i'm about to lower my 02 Galant-4cyl in the future as well. My shocks/struts in the front are still stock, but I just recently replaced the rear struts couple weeks at an auto shop cause they were really bad. I am going to buy the KYB-Gr2 for the front along with the Teins springs possibly next month. Can I go with this setup (with KYB-Gr2 in front and new replaced struts in the rear which I believe are Gabriel stuts-Autozone) for now until I replace the rear with KYB Gr-2 or should I go ahead and get the KYB-Gr2 now for the rear?

I currently have 17's on 225-45-17 but I am about possibly get some 18x8.5 Motegis in Jan.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Depends, if you have to pay to get them installed then go ahead and get the rear GR2's, if you can do the job yourself, then you can wait sometime and use your Gabriel shocks until they blow.

4g64T 5spd

mtgraves2010
    Thanks, I think I will possibly go ahead replace the fronts anyway cause I know its about time as well and just go with the Gabriel for now since they are brand new, but will save up again and replace the rear with the GR-2 later on once I see how the ride looks with the springs and KYB-Gr-2.