The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g64 power? ur opinions and/or experiences..thanks

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    PrityG-lant03

4g64 power? ur opinions and/or experiences..thanks

How many horses to the wheels can you get from a 4g64??I just want opinions or if you have first hand experience because i have some mixed thoughts about this?(this is not including a DOHC swap)

about 120 if you are lucky with a mauanl swap.

blue8g
    Like I said in the other thread

Turbo or NA?

And I bet it could go higher than that with a lot of work.

IE head work, higher compression, aggressive cam, ITB's, etc.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Look at Stewi's G and there you go

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

blue8g
    There are probably people on EVOM making more than Stewi with the 64

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Really? That's insane!!!

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    Like I said in the other thread

Turbo or NA?

And I bet it could go higher than that with a lot of work.

IE head work, higher compression, aggressive cam, ITB's, etc.
    And how much money are you talking??? remember this is a mitsu not a honda you are talking alot of custom and expesive stuff, RPW cams which are the only SOHC cam supplier want around 530 a cam i tried to look for companies that would regrind our stock cam and could not find one, i email 15 companies. Higher compression pistons are going to be custom, wiesco custom pistons are 600 i think. Our head are pretty much flowed a bigg as they can be. I had my head flowed by a top fuel engine builder, be ported it as much as he could that alone had i not known him wouldve run me 1100 for the 6 hours of work good machinist arent cheap. ITBs is going to run you out the ass i am going to guess around 700ish. Plus you are going to want to go manual so that is going to be another 1100 roughly, plus you are going to need a tunable ECU, which you can use the EVO which is 150 plus the 350 boomslang harness.

SO lets tally this up
    Cam-530
    Pistons-600
    Head work-1100
    ITB 700
    Trannsmission-1100
    ECu+harness-500
    Grand rough total(which is on the low side)-$3540
    And there is alot of stuff that is in there such as exhaust, misclanous parts and chemicals, sensors, guages(if wanted) any filters(oil air ect)
    A turbo build with cost you about the same and yield more HP

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Goosey2099 has around 300whp stock engine evo turbo

4g64T 5spd

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    And how much money are you talking??? remember this is a mitsu not a honda you are talking alot of custom and expesive stuff, RPW cams which are the only SOHC cam supplier want around 530 a cam i tried to look for companies that would regrind our stock cam and could not find one, i email 15 companies. Higher compression pistons are going to be custom, wiesco custom pistons are 600 i think. Our head are pretty much flowed a bigg as they can be. I had my head flowed by a top fuel engine builder, be ported it as much as he could that alone had i not known him wouldve run me 1100 for the 6 hours of work good machinist arent cheap. ITBs is going to run you out the ass i am going to guess around 700ish. Plus you are going to want to go manual so that is going to be another 1100 roughly, plus you are going to need a tunable ECU, which you can use the EVO which is 150 plus the 350 boomslang harness.

SO lets tally this up
    Cam-530
    Pistons-600
    Head work-1100
    ITB 700
    Trannsmission-1100
    ECu+harness-500
    Grand rough total(which is on the low side)-$3540
    And there is alot of stuff that is in there such as exhaust, misclanous parts and chemicals, sensors, guages(if wanted) any filters(oil air ect)
    A turbo build with cost you about the same and yield more HP
    Did I say it'd be easy? No. Is it possible? Yes.

Not everyone wants to go turbo. That's a big reason I sold my Galant, I hate FI

Did I say it'd be easy? No. Is it possible? Yes.

Not everyone wants to go turbo. That's a big reason I sold my Galant, I hate FI
    yes possbile, just not the best hp for money

oh i know not everyone wants to go turbo, a few bolt on bs things is good for millions of people.

FI is the way of the future, look how many cars are coming stock supercharged or turbo??? if you want to be fast with small motors FI is generally the best way to go, rareley is a FI car slower than a NA car, on the same literage scale( not compareing our 2.4l to a big block V8

blue8g
    yes possbile, just not the best hp for money

oh i know not everyone wants to go turbo, a few bolt on bs things is good for millions of people.

FI is the way of the future, look how many cars are coming stock supercharged or turbo??? if you want to be fast with small motors FI is generally the best way to go, rareley is a FI car slower than a NA car, on the same literage scale( not compareing our 2.4l to a big block V8
    I agree with that but everyone has preferences

I like instant throttle response and revving to the moon, many people like boost.

Either way can be awesome

:beer:

BRO. First is First. SAVE MONEY. NO MONEY NO MOD. HP cost money. Make a plan *projects* save up and them execute. mrg7243 is right. All that will cost you big bread. Best thing is going turbo BUT... YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE INTERNAL OF THE ENGINE (MORE MONEY) So start slow, project 1 5 speed swap, automatic trani is a big fail for hp in our cars unless you rebuild it for boost *no comments on $$$ on that lol*, project 2 start changing internals like pistons, rods, and camshaft etc. Project 3 maybe evo or kia head swap to allow more air to go in the piston. Like i said start saving and start slow.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

I agree with that but everyone has preferences

I like instant throttle response and revving to the moon, many people like boost.

Either way can be awesome

:beer:
    Yeah revving to the moon is nice, on a streetbike lol, you can still rev high with a turbo looks at evo motors some builts are revving 10,000, there is really no need to go much higher than that.

ever thought about a supercharger either roots, or vortech style, the throttle response is always there, its a constant boost.

I do love the hit of a turbo once its spools the instant rush
    turbo eats superchargers in the top end

superchargers went outa style with bell bottoms
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

blue8g
    Yeah revving to the moon is nice, on a streetbike lol, you can still rev high with a turbo looks at evo motors some builts are revving 10,000, there is really no need to go much higher than that.

ever thought about a supercharger either roots, or vortech style, the throttle response is always there, its a constant boost.

I do love the hit of a turbo once its spools the instant rush
    turbo eats superchargers in the top end
    I considered superchargers for a while......but I figure if I'm going with FI, why not do it right and go turbo?

Idk, I have a strange distaste for turbos.

Quote Originally Posted by allrice4g64 View Post
    superchargers went outa style with bell bottoms
    hahaha, corvette zr1??? lol some cars like alot of big block are hard to turbo due to clearence issues, thats why most big blocks are supercharged.
    I considered superchargers for a while......but I figure if I'm going with FI, why not do it right and go turbo?

Idk, I have a strange distaste for turbos.
    true, turbo does produce the most amount of hp, but you have a honda they love supercharges, go old school you already have a old sckool civic, do it retro style, oem body with black bumpstop all around, mesh volks, and a supercharger