The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Levoc shift knob

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Levoc shift knob

i gots a levoc shift knob with 0/d button there is 2 wires on the knob and three from the car anyone know which wire go to which :?: :?: :?:

xero260
    you need to hook the positives together, the negatives together, and that last wire if a power wire with the actual elctricity running through it to power the lights, so that goes somewhere on the internals of the nob, to light it. Im thinking anyway, im pretty sure thats it, oh well if im wrong, we'll both know it shortly.

where did u find that shift knob wit the o/d button?
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

goto www.napolex.com they have a couple i got the chome/carbon fiber one

Zander
    I could not find a price at that site around how much does it cost.

speak to seth...i know he got one, and installed it himself..but his didnt have a o/d button..but he made a custom spot for the o/d..he might be able to help you...

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <span style='color:blue'>This may be a little late, but i installed the levoc shift nob with the od button. I believe i got the shift knob for a nissan. The thing is you can hook the od switch up, but the dash light for the od button is wired in a way that when you try to hook it up logically, the "o/d off" light is on when you you o/d is on, but the light goes off, when the o/d is actually on. So basically, what i did was just not hook up the wire for the "o/d off " light. but the o'd still works fine. I bought the shift knob from Option auto salon www.optauto.com

direct link to the shift knob w/overdrive button</span>

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <span style='color:blue'>By the way, the e-brake cover that matches is a piece of crap. i had mine a year, it's just fake carbonfiber, on fake chrome stuck on the ebrake with fake 3m tape. I wasn't happy at all about this.</span>

[quote=Blue Ice Rider]<span style='color:blue'> The thing is you can hook the od switch up, but the dash light for the od button is wired in a way that when you try to hook it up logically, the "o/d off" light is on when you you o/d is on, but the light goes off, when the o/d is actually on. So basically, what i did was just not hook up the wire for the "o/d off " light. but the o'd still works fine. www.optauto.com

direct link to the shift knob w/overdrive button</span>

you just wired it wrong, just rewire the positive and the remote wire around and ull be fine ...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    yah i dont think it is possible to wire it so the light works correctly. that oem switch is weird. ive tried everything and its always backwards
    7g for life!

i have it!!! and it works correctly... i was installing the wires from the instructions but the wires are labeled differently on the mitsu i guess... the red wire i believe is not the positive but just the remote aka signal wire, black is black and the other color is the power wire...* these are from the stock wiring...i had the same problem till the next day i got annoyed at the yellow light and tried it this way instead

explain

MaxedOut97Maxima
    http://store.yahoo.com/southwestautoworks2...utshifknob.html

it does not matter about the polarity in wiring it it still works the o/d off and on no matter which way you wire it..

http://www.custommaxima.com/LevocShiftKnob.php

http://www.maximadriver.com/modules.php?op...order=0&thold=0

yea... its true the over drive will work no matter the polarity, im not questioning if the over drive works, im talking about the light that shows the od on and od off near the speedometer. the only reason the light may come on if the remote wire and the signal wire are on the wrong wire soo all u need to do is switch the two... im not sure about the levoc shift knobs but the button should have 3 wires comming out of it..hhmmm let me take apart my shift knob right now...okay the yellow wire is the main constant wire, its should be the same color as if u put the stero in i believe, the red is the remote, and black is black soo just plug it in...