The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 Galant S, Need help with mods!!

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    joekilla525

94 Galant S, Need help with mods!!

Hi everyone,

I was just given my dads's 1994 2.0L SOHC Galant S and am looking to mod it out. I was originally planning on buying a different car and have been saving for it, so I have roughly $3000 to turn this un-touched Galant into a contender. I basically want to know the best brand and best place to get:

Full Exhaust System
    Cold Air Intake
    Rims/Tires
    Turbo?

Thats all I can really think of right now, but if you guys have any other suggestions as to what else I should be looking for please let me know!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    It really depends on what u wanna do first, i.e. Engine,system,suspension,interior,and lighting. Once you narrow it down the rest should be a cinch.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

SkunK
    As far as the CAI, there is not one made specifically for the 7g, but I have heard that you can modify one from an Integra (i think it was) to fit. Otherwise, you can just buy the aftermarket cone-filter at any of your local race-shops. As for the rims, if you are looking to get some cheap, I would look on e-bay or your newspaper to see if someone is selling a set that you like. You could also find a set you like online, and then go to various tire/wheels shops (Big-O, Discount Tire, etc.) and get a quote from them....then go to their competitor and see if they'll beat that price.

joekilla525
    I think that the first thing I really want to do is the exhaust/intake. When looking for the exhaust, what parts should i be looking for besides the muffler? headers?downpipe? I think I'll worry about the rims later. Also is there a big difference between getting CAI and just a cone K&N filter?

Thanks
    Joe

2.0L?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I think he means 2.4 :idea:

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

SkunK
    The difference between CAI and just the aftermarket filter is, that the CAI routes the intake filter down low underneath the engine so that it can take in the cooler air rather than the air that is already hot from the engine. This equals more horsepower.

The galants already have headers, so what you would need is maybe a high-flow catalytic converter and a nice exhaust. I believe the downpipe for the galant is 2 1/4". I'm not sure if it is really beneficial to increase the size unless you have done, or are planning on doing a lot of heavy engine mods (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

8ggalant
    3 grand bro...if i were in yer posithion id do a 4g63t engine swap...u can do it yerself but with taht much money u might be able to buy the engine and have yer local shop put it in...the shop i go to in my area (va beach va) was gonna get me a jdm cyclone engine installed for 3100 bucks...juss what i'd do....n/e way welc0me to the site n good luck