The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How Do I Get My Keys Back?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Experienced TGC Member

How Do I Get My Keys Back?

Well I locked my keys inside my baby. Anyone know how to unlock her with a coat hanger? Also I didnt get a second set of keys from the dealer.

That little metal thing is the piece of the ring.

how quick do u need it?

you can always break a window. that works but its also destructive.

if you can wait til 2morrow, get a new key from the dealer. yea its expensive but you'll also have a spare key just in case things like this happen again.

or you can call like someone who can open the door for u, like if u had AAA. just look in the phone book for someone. that can be pricey too. about the price of a new key sometimes, but if you really need your keys, you have no choice.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

akiraflux
    that's why you always leave your window cracked an inch if you have no spare set of keys.

Experienced TGC Member
    Hey thanks guys. I dont need the key immediatly.

Breaking the window would a bit expensive, and besides I wouldnt break a single thing on my G even if my wife was in labor.

I think Im going to get a new one made, I might as well. AAA costs 45 $, same amount of a new key.

Experienced TGC Member
    pinoyesv6: Just wondering if my eyes are decieving me, but that is a lollipop in your girls mouth on the bottom banner. Right?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    LOLOL nah it looks like a banana, but anyways if you got power door locks just slide a coat hanger in there and hit the unlock button, make sure you put something in between the door like a towel and use a screw driver to wedge it open just a crack enough to get the hanger in the right spot. Worked for me many of times when the car wash locked the keys in the car, but now i carry a spare all the time

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    well ive been at it w/2 hangers for the last 1.5 hrs. my palms are raw and im still at square 1. then i made a little noose[w/some wire], which ALMOST worked. but failed w/that too.

1-800-popalock They're nationwide and I think they charge $35. Last resort you can call the local police, they'll hit it with a slim jim if they can, but they're not experts.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Experienced TGC Member
    Well I struggled with 2 coat hangers for 1.5 hours, and all I ended up with was a badly scratched door frame.

Finally I was forced to give into my pride/frustration and called AAA. Who poped the door open in a minute.