The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Polyurethane adhesive?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    TGC Regular

Polyurethane adhesive?

So im trying to fill my bumper holes, fill in all the scratches, and extend a lip. Is there any adhesive that i can use to fill, bond and able to sand down that is compatible with Polyurethane and wont crack under pressure like fiber glass?

Best Regards,

Wynn

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

Banned
    That's not even the correct screen cap from the movie. Whoever made that fails.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    That's not even the correct screen cap from the movie. Whoever made that fails.
    i made it :) and all i was looking for was the two of them pointing guns at someone for extra motivation to search uuum uuum

Quote Originally Posted by ADExternal View Post
    So im trying to fill my bumper holes, fill in all the scratches, and extend a lip. Is there any adhesive that i can use to fill, bond and able to sand down that is compatible with Polyurethane and wont crack under pressure like fiber glass?

Best Regards,

Wynn

If you’re trying to fill in bumpers you have an option of three different things depending on what your bumper in made of.
    -Plastic bumper use the plastic bondo.
    -Fiber glass bumper/cover use fiber glass bondo
    -Hard bondo is only used for metal applications. If used on anything else it will most likely crack.

TGC Regular
    Well, i came across several adhesive before i made this thread and wanted to compare what everyone else had experienced. Please dont conclude that i did not search just because i asked. do thank you though for the link input.

Quote Originally Posted by 01blackG View Post
    If you’re trying to fill in bumpers you have an option of three different things depending on what your bumper in made of.
    -Plastic bumper use the plastic bondo.
    -Fiber glass bumper/cover use fiber glass bondo
    -Hard bondo is only used for metal applications. If used on anything else it will most likely crack.
    With PU, bondo would most likely to crack since the material is flexible and is at the front of the car closest to the ground which means it will vibrate or under wind pressure.

hmmm, i was thinking a silicone rubber and plastic compound. Somewhat like calk (white stuff you seal water in the bathroom corners/edges) But it may be to weak.

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

TURBO= in the making.......

Quote Originally Posted by zobgel View Post

/\
    | got it right. But the stuff I use to work with didnt cure black. I guess it wont matter if it all does the same job.

Oh and dont use caulk it will just come loose and fall off. If you can get a good scratched up area to work the bondo onto you should have no problems.

I used silicone rubber compound to do something like this and it worked good for me.

Bondo