The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear Fog Light

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar

Rear Fog Light

Anybody USDM installed rear fogs?....been browsing some over sees VR4 forums..I've seen alotta guys integrate it into the rear bumper with actual fogs and/or for the 3rd gens modify the bubble on the corresponding driver side to turn on

yeah, european cars over here have them too... benz, porsche, audi, and bmw have them stock. most people don't even know when they have them on! on benz switches, if you pull out the knob 1 click the front fogs come on, 2 clicks the rear fog is added, most people just pull all the way out 2 stops and never realize they have the rear fog on (since they never see the rear of their car when they are driving). the easiest way to see this is that one of their tailights looks bright and the other looks normal, when they are not on the brakes.

to do it on any tail light, you can replace one of the single filament bulbs w/a dual filament (parking light for instance) and have the second filament be activated as the rear fog). alternatively you can use a red-white switchback bulb to make one of your reverse lights a red fog that will turn white when you reverse.

Whats the purpose of the rear foglight?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

its just like another break light/reflector.i like it.i was going to do this awhile ago but never got around to it. trigger was gonna get me a set

I thought it had something to do with Visability. Like when theres a whiteout or something, they would turn it on or whatever so other drivers can see them. I know alot of evo people have them on their cars. I personally like it.

i drive with my hazards on when its that hard to see. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    yeah, european cars over here have them too... benz, porsche, audi, and bmw have them stock. most people don't even know when they have them on! on benz switches, if you pull out the knob 1 click the front fogs come on, 2 clicks the rear fog is added, most people just pull all the way out 2 stops and never realize they have the rear fog on (since they never see the rear of their car when they are driving). the easiest way to see this is that one of their tailights looks bright and the other looks normal, when they are not on the brakes.

to do it on any tail light, you can replace one of the single filament bulbs w/a dual filament (parking light for instance) and have the second filament be activated as the rear fog). alternatively you can use a red-white switchback bulb to make one of your reverse lights a red fog that will turn white when you reverse.
    yea I used to wonder what was wrong with higher end cars i always thought there brake switch was broken lol....

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Whats the purpose of the rear foglight?
    so people can see you in low visibility

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    i drive with my hazards on when its that hard to see. =/
    yeaa i do too

i thought it would be nice to add ...imma check out what reelax said about the dual filament bulbs

I'm working on one now lol
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

don't elaborate too much now Greddy..

Ill post pics when its done

Never heard of this before. Anyone got pics?

here is a pic of TRIGGERMAUVE's VR4 - the lights on the bumper are dual rear fog lights:

here is a rear fog light on a BMW:

when it's a single rear fog it is usually on the driver's side.

^^^^ I'm not seeing the fog light?

Rear hid fog lights --> the solution for tailgators
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvjx4...e_gdata_player

Quote Originally Posted by Rob21 View Post
    sometimes theres actual fog lights that sit into the bumper like Triggermauve...

In most euro cars (volvos bmw benz)

its in the tail light assembly like in that bmw the illumunited inner part of the assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
    Rear hid fog lights --> the solution for tailgators
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvjx4...e_gdata_player
    i think you missed the whole point of the thread...its used for inclement weather/low visibilty situations to avoid some dummy from rear ending you..

hid in the reverse lights=fail

Quote Originally Posted by Rob21 View Post
    http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/02/03...-out-or-is-it/