The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car batteries

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Icon2 Car batteries

It's that time of cycle where need a new battery for my car...
    And I was wondering what kinda of batteries you guys use...
    I'm looking into Lightweight or racing batteries...

"Triangle Circle Triangle Square"

OPTIMA red top for starting battery. if you have a lot of electrical accessories or a heavy drawing audio system, then get a yellow top (deep cycle). i have a blue top which is a dual purpose (starting and deep cycle) marine battery.

Thanx

"Triangle Circle Triangle Square"

I'm running a Interstate Megatron Plus. Best standard battery that I've found so far. Ironically enough...Interstate makes Optima too.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Im using a duralast gold series that you can buy at any autozone for $80. works pretty damn good. I killed 2 optima red tops, thats why I went back to a regular battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

how do you kill a red top battery? i use the marine optima no problems yet...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    how do you kill a red top battery? i use the marine optima no problems yet...
    let it sit without being used for the winter when the car is in storage, DEAD. Called optima, followed their instructions for re-charging, worked for 2 days, DEAD. No problems with the autozone battery.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

+1 same here no problems with the autozone battery running it for 2 years.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

I have a deka ultimate series I believe the numbers are CA 860 CCA 690

I used it in my montero, my bimmer and the galant its is my whore battery and has only died due to a short when I drove the galant home for 2 hours with the battery discharging.

optima red top ftw best battery ever!!
    Drive it like it was ment to be DRIVEN!
    99 GTZ
    Aem Cai
    Headers
    Custom Exaust
    Magnaflow cat & mufller
    Wires
    NGK Iridiums

my old red top lasted for 6 years! All the Duralast brands I had before lasted for 2-3 years.

duralast are junk, they dontlast hahaha, but i got a pep boys platinum series and that thing hasn't let me down.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    walmart batteries wouldn't last me a year...bought optima redtop...run my hids/sub directly off of it..its been about 2 years of greatness!! lol

Well I dont think im going to kill any batteries now that I have a 220A alternator.....
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

TrnsAm
    +1 for optimas as well as interstates. Run both on my cars with great results, none on galants though as i've yet to find a g to buy :-(.

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    walmart batteries wouldn't last me a year...bought optima redtop...run my hids/sub directly off of it..its been about 2 years of greatness!! lol
    been looking for a post like this just bought a red top for that reason wen i bought my g it had sum cheap no name battery looked like it came out of a lawn mower... lights dim everytime the base hits and my hot wire gets hot. i think this is because my battery is not grounded right the terminals are on the opposite side of where they should be for a g so i cant hook it to the first ground location coming from the battery

I had a red top, just replaced it in July I think. It came with a 36 month replacement 36month pro rated. I bought it at costco a while back and luckily they keep your recepits forever so when my battery started giving problems. I went back and was halfway into my 36month pro rated so I got a new battery for half price. Cant beat that, I think it lasted about 4 1/2 years. The alternator was also on its way out and was changed.