The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Thinking about the 5speed swap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    i have an 03 and i took out my solenoids and i still get a cel. its looking a for the p r d 2 l input from the auto tranny....

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Experienced TGC Member
    That is wierd honestly, not sure why that is an issue now. Will need to dive into the ROM files at some point and see what, if any differences there are.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

maybe the 03 is smarter than the 02 just looking for the input for the gear selector... idk man, it doesn't bug me, i don't have inspections lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

dude where were you when i was still in st. louis. now i have moved! but ill give you a couple tips if you wanna save some money do pick-n-pull on hall street and there is one close to them called riverside salvage. great prices but the 3gs are rare and get plucked pretty fast so check often i was going once a week looking for parts. all i got was clutch pedal, master, shift cables, and some seat belts but i only payed 30 for it all.

but i may be seeing you soon man if i come back.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

wait there is a fix for the 02? where can i find it? thank you good sir
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Quote Originally Posted by dGALANTc View Post
    dude where were you when i was still in st. louis. now i have moved! but ill give you a couple tips if you wanna save some money do pick-n-pull on hall street and there is one close to them called riverside salvage. great prices but the 3gs are rare and get plucked pretty fast so check often i was going once a week looking for parts. all i got was clutch pedal, master, shift cables, and some seat belts but i only payed 30 for it all.

but i may be seeing you soon man if i come back.
    awww man i prolly aint even have my liscense then haha just got them last feb. but yea thats my main conren rite now is looking for the parts, flywheels going for like 400??

where are you looking for a flywheel???? 400 thats seems steep.
    no i just moved in aug so maybe you didnt have your G then. yea if you want to try B auto and speedway close to gateway international they get stuff more often but they are a bit more expensive.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Quote Originally Posted by dGALANTc View Post
    where are you looking for a flywheel???? 400 thats seems steep.
    no i just moved in aug so maybe you didnt have your G then. yea if you want to try B auto and speedway close to gateway international they get stuff more often but they are a bit more expensive.
    yea ive been on ebay haha. everything is soo freakin expensive, i wanna get the big stuff outta that way, so i can get the little stuff last with no prob, i guess the most expensive thing to get is the tranny. imma prolly sale my old auto one even though it has 210k on it lol

I got my flywheel for $90 on C3G
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

he might be lookign at a lightwheight flywheel brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    he might be lookign at a lightwheight flywheel brand new.
    yea they were lightweight and new

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12