The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post a pic of your engine bay!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Showing results 221 to 240 of 246
    let me try again....

:(

that's a Normally Aspirated 6A12 engine with DOHC and ECI, they were a bit nervous at the gas station when this went on fire, it must have been scary for my wife too.

Can any of you guys help me out with the harnesses for this type of engine? I already got most of the other parts needed to get it working again.

these do no exist in the US. The closest would be 3000gt, but you should just go to the junkyard or joint your country Mitsubishi forums and see if anyone is parting out one of these
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

it looks like the loom is mostly melted. you should start removing it and inspecting if this harness is salvageable. I have the wiring diagrams, so if you want them just pm me and ill send it to you

ah the fuse box is melted
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Well Got my Outlander intake mani in "thanks to deeznuts". Next need to work with the diamante tps 4 pin sensor.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar

Pic of my engine since I swapped to the Outlander Intake Manifold and TB.
    Catch 22 tho bcz now my 3G strut bar doesnt fit anymore FTL! :[
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Coolest newb eva!
    Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post

Love how you did the logo on the engine..... mind if I do the same? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Rad '92 View Post
    Love how you did the logo on the engine..... mind if I do the same? :D
    LOL! Thx, naw its cool go rt ahead.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

so if the 3g strut bar doesnt fit, then what would we use??

You have the same exact intake setup i have hahah

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    so if the 3g strut bar doesnt fit, then what would we use??

You have the same exact intake setup i have hahah
    Good question. Im gonna see if I can come up with a design that accomodates the Intake Mani so that I can have both.

Lol! Yeah its functional, & IMO better than a aluminum intake bcz it doesnt suffer heatsoak. I wanna see if I can McGuyver up an ABS intake since I dont have the dough to buy the CF Intake that BWRacing is offering us...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    aw that engine is just so cute in there! lol!
    and I'm having a similar problem. My 3G strut bar doesn't fit because of my Diamante TB.. damn thing. I might see if I can just have someone cut the bar near the middle, and weld on a really wide "U" shape to go around the TB.

Good question. Im gonna see if I can come up with a design that accomodates the Intake Mani so that I can have both.

Lol! Yeah its functional, & IMO better than a aluminum intake bcz it doesnt suffer heatsoak. I wanna see if I can McGuyver up an ABS intake since I dont have the dough to buy the CF Intake that BWRacing is offering us...
    exactly, i was considering doing something but haven't got around to it yet

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    and I'm having a similar problem. My 3G strut bar doesn't fit because of my Diamante TB.. damn thing. I might see if I can just have someone cut the bar near the middle, and weld on a really wide "U" shape to go around the TB.
    Why not just add some metal in between where it bolts to the strut towers and the 45 degree angle, it would push it farther back possibly allowing you to weld some brackets to connect the bar to the firewall, rather than havaing a spot where it could flex

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar

Why not just add some metal in between where it bolts to the strut towers and the 45 degree angle, it would push it farther back possibly allowing you to weld some brackets to connect the bar to the firewall, rather than havaing a spot where it could flex
    True, I could do that. But when you start messing with two different sides that are at an awkward angle (the bar isn't perfectly angled), then you have to start messing around a lot with verifying fitment.

Also, if you think about it as a triangle on two sides, we would be cutting the hypotenuse, then extending it backward. This wouldn't work unless we removed material from the back bar because the distance between the two hypotenuses will be smaller. The welds for the U should be pretty strong anyway

True, I could do that. But when you start messing with two different sides that are at an awkward angle (the bar isn't perfectly angled), then you have to start messing around a lot with verifying fitment.

Also, if you think about it as a triangle on two sides, we would be cutting the hypotenuse, then extending it backward. This wouldn't work unless we removed material from the back bar because the distance between the two hypotenuses will be smaller. The welds for the U should be pretty strong anyway
    That is tru, never thought about the math behind it i just thought about the doing it haha, you would have to take some of the center section out, or it wouldnt line up correctly

Screw you and ur little "peppy" V6!!! LOL!

A friend of mine (who knows hows to weld) actually was thinking of fabbing up a strut tower bar for me, bcz he had the same idea that cutting it in the center would make for a weaker brace. If he ends up doing so I will let you guys know...
    Last edited by IVORY_G; 11-15-2010 at 02:28 PM
    JDM Zenki Conversion

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    ^lmao

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Hey bro wazz up with that sensor by the tb cable? And i got my strut bar in. will get pics later.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Hey bro wazz up with that sensor by the tb cable? And i got my strut bar in. will get pics later.
    Thats that additional sensor that had no where to go on the Outlander IM. On the Galant IM it sits rt next to the map sensor. You didnt have one? The pic you posted showed where the map sensor goes, but I had already figured that out...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Well Got my Outlander intake mani in "thanks to deeznuts". Next need to work with the diamante tps 4 pin sensor.
    you shouldn't need to do anything to make the tps work with your car. Mine originally came with a 3 pin and when I switched to the Diamante mani and tb, the 4 pin tps made no difference in functionality.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Yeah got my diamante tb working on the outlander. The bing change is changing or crossing the vacuum lines "Yellow and green vacuum". Also coolant bypass.

Here some pics of what i did today. Diamante tb Install

clean a little the carbon deposit on the tb it was bad

with strut bar
    Last edited by Isaurio; 11-15-2010 at 11:32 PM

SOHC Turbo

Yeah bro i notice that extra sensor dont come on the 02-03. I think it comes on the 99-01 G. I could say this mod is great after 1500 RPM the car moves. And you feel that the engine dont force it self to produce power. All i need to make this mod 100% is to do 5 speed swap and get stage 2 camshaft.

SOHC Turbo

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast