The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Eclipse Cat-Back

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Alister_McRae

Eclipse Cat-Back

I was reading on the pt tuning page, and i came across exhausts for the eclipses. And there has been alot of things that fit the galant that was made for the eclipse. If i were to buy an eclipse cat-back say for a 2000 and 2001 eclipses, would it fit my 2000 galant es?

It's almost the same but the Galant is longer. So you have to extend the piping. There was a figure of 10" from what I recall from some really old posts (on the old board). So "NO" would be a more appropriate answer to your question b/c it's not a direct bolt-on anymore and welding is required to add extra piping.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Alister_McRae
    well that just plain sux then, looks like i will have to keep my stock piping and just add a new muffler, unless there is custom piping out there for the galant...

most decent muffler shops will have piping and in various sizes to meet your needs. a really good shop will even have equipment to mandrel bend your pipes, hehe.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Alister_McRae
    wonder how much it would cost for custom piping, plus installation? Any ideas or estimates?

Senior TGC Member
    Hmmm...for the Eclipse cat-back lengthening modification my shop was going to charge me 25 bucks to install the cat-back and then cut the muffler off and weld in the 10 inch section. If you're wanting to go custom cat-back instead mine costed me 250, that included the muffler, but it's not mandrel bent.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

the only reason i see u buying a cat back, esp for an eclipse is for one of two reasons. reason 1. u can get the catback cheaper than a new muffler. or two, the muffler u want isn't available in a cat back version. if thats not one of the reasons i think getting another car's cat or axle back is a waste of money. just because you have to get pipe bended and welded on and yea that defeats teh whole exhaust being tuned, easy installation part of getting a cat back.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.