The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oh boy need help with this.!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    But if the heat works well at lower settings it isn't the heater core. Our cars have issues with the blend air door inside the dashboard. So, that also rules out the heater core.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    Thats true but on a high setting the heat output doesn't seem as high as the low setting it seems like I have to keep it on 1 or 2 for it to get hot in the car.
    blend door issue.

My car had the same symptoms as yours a couple weeks ago. I flushed the coolant and replaced the thermostat last weekend and it went away. Runs good and the heat is HOT.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    But if the heat works well at lower settings it isn't the heater core. Our cars have issues with the blend air door inside the dashboard. So, that also rules out the heater core.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    blend door issue.

My car had the same symptoms as yours a couple weeks ago. I flushed the coolant and replaced the thermostat last weekend and it went away. Runs good and the heat is HOT.
    Thanks guys I'll get on that next week I got a few things going on this week(my jdm heads ) n some family stuff as well the important thing is is that the heat is better n the temp gauge isnt moving anymore. But I'll be picking up the parts this seek for sure.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    blend door issue.

Flushing the coolant and replacing the thermostat doesn't fix a blend door issue. The blend doors are a mechanical door that opens and closes when you move the selector from 0-4. If the vehicle isn't putting out heat you'd make sure first it has coolant, and the proper amount. If it still doesn't have heat after that, you flush the coolant, and replace the thermostat. If it still doesn't produce heat at each blower setting, then you replace the heater core.

The blend air doors failing duplicate a failed blower motor. If you switch it from 0-4 and it doesn't blow either cold or hot air, first check the blower motor as it is easier to inspect than the blend doors. If the blower is verified to be working, then you can check the climate controls, ensure the cables are connected and working properly. Then if still nothing, you will need to remove the lower dash panels completely to inspect and replace the blend air doors.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Flushing the coolant and replacing the thermostat doesn't fix a blend door issue. The blend doors are a mechanical door that opens and closes when you move the selector from 0-4. If the vehicle isn't putting out heat you'd make sure first it has coolant, and the proper amount. If it still doesn't have heat after that, you flush the coolant, and replace the thermostat. If it still doesn't produce heat at each blower setting, then you replace the heater core.

The blend air doors failing duplicate a failed blower motor. If you switch it from 0-4 and it doesn't blow either cold or hot air, first check the blower motor as it is easier to inspect than the blend doors. If the blower is verified to be working, then you can check the climate controls, ensure the cables are connected and working properly. Then if still nothing, you will need to remove the lower dash panels completely to inspect and replace the blend air doors.
    Well I have heat on all settings though it seems hotter on lower settings to the touch anyways.

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Subscribed to this thread. I have the same problem recently. My engine temp goes up to about 3/4 when I'm at a stand still or stuck in traffic, and comes down when I move. I have replaced the thermostat and done a coolant flush, twice. No air in the system, checked that too. It's definitely something else. Corey, you will notice after replacing the coolant, that the engine temp might not rise above 1/2 for a few days, but then it will start again. Did you recently do any particular maintenance to the car?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    Subscribed to this thread. I have the same problem recently. My engine temp goes up to about 3/4 when I'm at a stand still or stuck in traffic, and comes down when I move. I have replaced the thermostat and done a coolant flush, twice. No air in the system, checked that too. It's definitely something else. Corey, you will notice after replacing the coolant, that the engine temp might not rise above 1/2 for a few days, but then it will start again. Did you recently do any particular maintenance to the car?
    Your problem is a little different. If you already replaced the T-stat, flushed & bled the system, your at a point where either your water pump is on its way out, or your radiator fans arent working properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

As far as coolant no last maintenance I did was a tranny drain n fill n changed mounts. But I noticed my overfill bottle was kinda empty but didn't pay no mind to it. N all of a sudden that shit with the temp happened n it took forever for my heat to warm up. I put coolant in n the problem went away. My coolant is dirty as fuck though n my over flow bottle is disgusting. anyway to clean that?

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Your problem is a little different. If you already replaced the T-stat, flushed & bled the system, your at a point where either your water pump is on its way out, or your radiator fans arent working properly.
    You're right, Corey says his problem went away after adding fluid. I did replace my water pump a little while ago (5000 miles) with an after market one (NPW), I wonder if that might be the problem. Anyway, let me not hijack Corey's thread with my woes, thanks for your input!

You're right, Corey says his problem went away after adding fluid. I did replace my water pump a little while ago (5000 miles) with an after market one (NPW), I wonder if that might be the problem. Anyway, let me not hijack Corey's thread with my woes, thanks for your input!
    Its cool dude that's what threads are for I fixed my problem but apparently your getting input about your problem here so knock yourself out bro no problems. lol

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Problem solved close this please thanks

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

If you were a patron you could do it yourself ;)

Haha jk Corey

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12