The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Random multiple missfire?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant Evolution View Post
    Even after you cleared it?
    Yes. But the car runs awesome now. Feels like brand new. No studders at all now. But the code keeps popping.
    What runs the tach? Would a bad ground wire connection cause it to bounce around? It works when the accelerator pedal is pushed, but when you release your foot it starts going crazy again.
    Last edited by vr4gto; 01-27-2010 at 12:58 PM

Any ideas?

Yeah check all the fuses and the grounds and wires, if you still cant come up with anything, go to a junkyard and get a new speedo for likeless than 20 bucks, maybe its just your RPM gauge is just messed up. Or go to autozone and buy an actual aftermarket tach gauge, hook it up and if it reads normal RPM and is working normal, your stock one is messed up prob.
    Last edited by Galant Evolution; 01-28-2010 at 10:16 AM

Yeah check all the fuses and the grounds and wires, if you still cant come up with anything, go to a junkyard and get a new speedo for likeless than 20 bucks, maybe its just your RPM gauge is just messed up. Or go to autozone and buy an actual aftermarket tach gauge, hook it up and if it reads normal RPM and is working normal, your stock one is messed up prob.
    Thanks. Any idea why the P0300 code would keep coming on when the car is running great and not misfiring? I'm thinking maybe the computer isn't clearing the code out of it or maybe the rear O2 is acting up. Fixing the exhaust made the car feel like new again and the misfire went away but the code won't.

^ That im not sure about why it wont erase...thats odd!

^ That im not sure about why it wont erase...thats odd!
    Maybe clearing the code with scanner isn't clearing it from the ECU's memory? Maybe unplugging the battery for awhile will clear it?

Ok, put new O2's in and it runs awesome but its still popping the same code. It pops only at higher speeds. I had it cleared and the car idling and wiggled the wires near the injectors. The tach stopped bouncing around when I did this but it started again when I took my hand off the wires and popped the code again. No misfire was heard. But I took it for a ride and it misfired again. If I release the gas pedal it stops. So I'm guessing the tach is fine but is connected to something that is causing the tach to bounce around and the misfire. So the tach's issues is an indicator of a certain problem. Any ideas? Any wiring diagrams available?

intrument panel, gauges, and wiring indicators:

if you need more let me know.
    Last edited by Galant Evolution; 02-05-2010 at 09:42 AM

Thanks.

If my catalytic converter is plugged, would it cause a misfire?

So I gave up and dropped it off at the shop. Now the tach has completely died, the car shifts hard from first to second and there is something drawing power that almost stalls the engine. But now there's no CEL. All fuses, relays, and grounds are good. New O2's, wires, plugs, coils, and battery. The injectors, egr, crank sensor, mass air, tps, iac, map sensor, coolant temp sensor are all good. I'm thinking there's got to be something with the computer that's acting up. It's checked out fine by two other machanics besides myself though. I'm at a loss. I hope this other guy can figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by vr4gto View Post
    So I gave up and dropped it off at the shop. Now the tach has completely died, the car shifts hard from first to second and there is something drawing power that almost stalls the engine. But now there's no CEL. All fuses, relays, and grounds are good. New O2's, wires, plugs, coils, and battery. The injectors, egr, crank sensor, mass air, tps, iac, map sensor, coolant temp sensor are all good. I'm thinking there's got to be something with the computer that's acting up. It's checked out fine by two other machanics besides myself though. I'm at a loss. I hope this other guy can figure it out.
    wow thats crazy dood. It could possibly be the ECU hope he figures it out bro

So the misfire problem is solved. The grounds were either severed or slightly cut. Don't know why, but the car runs mint. Now the tranny is having clutch flare. The clutch plates are worn. How long do you think it will last if I just replace the plates?

Which grounds are you taliking about vr4gto?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12