The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Koni Yellow's

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Koni Yellow's

I havent heard any one talk about koni yellows on TGC at all. Basically as I read some where on preludepower.com that these shocks/struts have the ability to be shorten and are really good for lowering more then the agx. Those guys were recommending them over basic coilovers.

The konis run for like 600+ so their pretty pricey and with lowering springs they would cost as much as a cheap coilover set up. But lowering springs have the goodies of being comfortable and still being great for performance. And im sure these shocks will last a long time since they can be shortened. Idk Im just throwing it out there for any one who doesnt want to run coilovers.
    http://www.prostreetonline.com/a/mit...low-shocks.asp

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

you haven't heard anyone talk about the koni yellows because you haven't been here for a long time.

the koni yellow was one of our first options for front struts the 3g eclipse/8g galant platform. i mean besides OEM replacements.

as far as I know, i am the only active member on here that still has theirs.

besides price, installation can turn people away. the fronts are just an insert, not a replaceable strut. you have to cut open the strut and then pop in the insert and close things back up. a little too much for the average person.

if you want more information about htem check out RRE's site http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3...niinfo-old.htm
    Last edited by pinoyesv6; 01-09-2011 at 04:24 PM

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Ok i remember seeing that tut but i forgot they were yellows. thats some work to do though. How would you rate these things? for installation and quality?

blue8g
    Tons of people run them in the Honda world....a lot of guys who track their cars

They run them with a Ground Control coilover setup

^ thats the exact set up i see for every car with konis

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    ^ thats the exact set up i see for every car with konis
    I'd give it a shot if I were you

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    I'd give it a shot if I were you
    I would but seeing that there inserts and stuff plus i have agx already. Maybe on my next car.