Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    Experienced TGC Member
    You say this,
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    Im kind of short on cash though.

But then proceed to say this,
    I currently have the 2.4 NOT V^... Standard Engine... I will probably SWAP ENGINE AN TRANNY INTO THE GTZ MODEL...
    becaus I am assuming the 2.4 tranny is not compatible with the 3.0....

Okay.. Excellent.. So I will probably Swap My engine and tranny into the New Body, And Keep the V6 Engine Somewhere else until I have the Cash for the manual Transmission, in which in that case i might as well have the V6 engine in there. Thanks man. =)

Checking out car tomorrow will take pictures and post.. As of right now Plan.. Swap my engine and Tranny over to GTZ Body, and Keep The V6 Engine Somewhere, until I can do the Manual Swap, or until I decide Whether or not i even want a manual in there.. I might just wait it out and keep it auto, and get another car manual, prolly 3000gt. im a mitsubishi fan. =)

Just realized that VIN will be for 6cylinder.. more insurance.. lol... =(
    Did you read, or skim over what has been said here? Swapping in the 4cyl to a V6 model, or a V6 to a 4cyl Model WILL REQUIRE more work and modification. If you are "short on cash now" you will likely be unable to proceed with the swap you are thinking of taking up here. This is not a simple "pull engine and trans out, and put into the other car" ordeal...far from it. Sure, maybe you can do the fb work for this for free, we don't know. Don't forget you will need to GUT your car to run the 4cyl in the GTZ...meaning you need your entire ECU and wiring harness swapped over.

If you dont have cash to fix a GTZ with trans issues....don't buy it. You will only end up destroying not one, but two Galants in the process given what we have read from this so far. Either buy the GTZ and let it sit until you can PROPERLY fix the transmission, or do the 5-spd conversion. If you can't do this, leave the car alone and let somebody willing and able to fix it, fix it.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Hmm. You have given me something to think about. Thanks for the honest straight forward response. I will update tomorrow evening.

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I currently have the 2.4 NOT V^... Standard Engine... I will probably SWAP ENGINE AN TRANNY INTO THE GTZ MODEL...
    becaus I am assuming the 2.4 tranny is not compatible with the 3.0....

Okay.. Excellent.. So I will probably Swap My engine and tranny into the New Body, And Keep the V6 Engine Somewhere else until I have the Cash for the manual Transmission, in which in that case i might as well have the V6 engine in there. Thanks man. =)

Checking out car tomorrow will take pictures and post.. As of right now Plan.. Swap my engine and Tranny over to GTZ Body, and Keep The V6 Engine Somewhere, until I can do the Manual Swap, or until I decide Whether or not i even want a manual in there.. I might just wait it out and keep it auto, and get another car manual, prolly 3000gt. im a mitsubishi fan. =)

Just realized that VIN will be for 6cylinder.. more insurance.. lol... =(
    slow down dude

stock I4 car can only take I4 parts without modification
    stock V6 car can only take V6 parts without modification

stock V6 car -> I4 engine and tranny will require not only changing the engine mounts, but also the ECU, wiring harness, etc. And when I say change the wiring harness, that's no easy task. SPD_FRK should post up some pictures of what was necessary for him to pull his wiring harness.

Why can't the V6 engine run off the I4 ECU? The I4 ECU is made to run an engine with four cylinders. It's made to run 4 injectors at the correct time, to recognize sensors for 4 separate cylinders, etc. It wouldn't recognize that there are two extra cylinders to run.

The swap is not impossible, but it's a lot of work.

for stock I4 car -> V6 swap, talk to deeznutz
    for stock V6 car -> I4 swap, talk to Cali

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12