The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A Parts Question

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

A Parts Question

Besides going to a dealership, where would I be able to get a part...

It's a headlight part (sorta). It's the part of the bulb that screws into the housing. It's my inside parking light (the one next to the amber parking light). A few of the little teeth-like things are broken and so it doesn't screw in tightly enough and now my headlight has massive condensation. Lame. I was thinking of just using silicone, but then getting it off would suck.

Anyone know where I can snatch that piece, other than going to a dealership where they'd probably charge me a million dollars?

Thanks.
    T w o T h o u s a n d O n e M a x i m a

N i n e t y S i x G a l a n t L S - RIP

http://members.cardomain.com/siriusgrrl

maggyban81

Re: A Parts Question

I would say go to a junkyard and find a similar make Galant and take out the part, if it's the part I am thinking of.

However, if you do not want to get a bit dirty, you could go to autozone... I am pretty sure that they have it there. Hope that was enough help. Let me know your progress.

brandon
    Junkyard.

Wanna go? I need to get a bunch of stuff if I can find it.

Brandon...

I'll totally go with you to a junkyard. I have to idea where to go, so it's all you on that one. Let me know if youre serious about the junkyard mission.

brandon
    I dunno where to go either... I'll look into it and let you know though. Just don't be stealin' the parts I need! hehe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>I dunno where to go either... I'll look into it and let you know though. Â*Just don't be stealin' the parts I need! Â*hehe</div>

:thumbsup:

SkunK
    I have a better idea. I sort of had the same problem. My hyper-white bulbs had too high of a wattage and after a while they fried the receptical piece that you are talking about. I went to the dealer and they tried to screw me by saying that I had to buy a whole damn wiring harness for $700 because they don't sell that piece separately. I said "Screw that!", and went over to Autozone and they had one that would work for the Galant. It doesn't look the same, but it works great. Just cut off the receptical piece where the wire meets it (I say this because you will want to have as much of the wiring as you can, because there is very little slack to work with when splicing the new wire with it) Take it into an auto parts store and have them look through the computers and cross-reference the part number off of the piece you give them. Then just use a butt-connector to join the stock wiring with the wiring of the new piece .

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Speaking about junkyards, I have decided to part out my old G indefenatly, so if ya need something hollar this way.

I will give you the junkyard price or cheaper depending on what the part is.
    See my post in the For Sale forum.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678