The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Couple of stupid questions.

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Experienced TGC Member

Couple of stupid questions.

So over the past year or so there have been a few things that have been bothering me, but not enough to ask for help with. So they are starting to get to me lol.

Here they are.

My driver side door lock, does not work. Well the remote does not unlock it, I have to unlock it by key. Ive replaced the part with all the window controls and door lock/unlock buttons on it but with no luck. So is there anything else that could be replace that could possibly fix this?

Also, my heat works but the knob doesnt want to turn all the way, it stops about 3/4 of of the way to full heat. I think its something under the dash thats keeping it from going all the way, the knob and the cable that runs to the control is fine. Its what the cable runs to under the dash thats stopping it.

Thats it lol
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

do your power door locks work? from the switch?

for the heater switch, has it ever been replaced? if the knob is misaligned then the cable will stop the knob from turning all the way.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Could be the actuator for the door?

Check the blend door?
    -Andrew

Experienced TGC Member
    All power door locks work except for the driver door.

How do I check to see if the cable is mis-aligned from what I can see it is in all of the tracks correctly, the heat works, its just doesnt get as hot as what I can remember. And I forgot to mention that sometimes it gets stuck on either hot or cold
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

does the door make a noise when you try to unlock the door using power?

as for the heater, disconnect the cable and turn the knob. see if you are able to turn it all the way. if no then the knob is misaligned. if yes, push and pull on the cable it should be getting hung up somehow.

Experienced TGC Member
    Door makes no noise at all, and I'll check the cable tomorrow

if you have a voltmeter you can connect it to the wires for the actuator and see if you are getting power when you lock and unlock the doors. that will help determine where the problems lies.

Yea i also got the same problem with my driver side door lock too, wont unlock all doors either when you turn the key twice to the right. I thought i'd fix it sometime during this upcoming spring/summer.

gizmo'sgalant
    I have a few questions myself. i own a 2003 Galant.

1. i am trying to replace my a/c knobs with clear blue knobs, where can i find them at?

2. i was told by my mechanic that the throttle position sensor has to be readjusted to fix my o2 sensor, where is this located and how do i adjust it?

3. what kind of exhaust is recommended for an es model