The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2000 8G 132k Burning Oil After Head Rebuild

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    The way it is acting leads me to believe that it is more than just random lube. During the initial startup there was smoke everywhere as it burned off degreaser, oil, and coolant from the manifolds. After a while it was fine. This all started after it had been sitting for about a week, and it was just pouring out smoke for about 30+mins. After that I discovered the excess oil and after draining it, the problem lessened. So I do think it is a new problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gnaunited View Post
    The way it is acting leads me to believe that it is more than just random lube. During the initial startup there was smoke everywhere as it burned off degreaser, oil, and coolant from the manifolds. After a while it was fine. This all started after it had been sitting for about a week, and it was just pouring out smoke for about 30+mins. After that I discovered the excess oil and after draining it, the problem lessened. So I do think it is a new problem.
    well try replacing the pistons,piston rings and the connecting rods,and you were going to take the head back to the shop too right.and when you are done make sure you do another oil change with in a about 1,000 miles to make sure there are no metal shavings.

It depends on the assembly lube. The lube that came with my ARP studs is still there although I have had over 1k on the engine now and it hasnt been washed out by the hot oil coming out of the head main galley
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Well, if replacing the stem seals does not work then I will be taking lots and lots of pictures as I go in hopes that it might help someone else.

Drove to the shop today, it blew out a small cloud at start, but subsided and that was it for the entire trip. I will see what happens when it is done.

After having the valve stems seals replaced (again), so far so good. There is no visible smoke coming from the tailpipe anymore. However there is a faint smell of coolant coming from the front of the car so I guess I need to check that out.

good to hear!
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Check for leaks and the like. Our radiators are notorious for cracking on top.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12