The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Indiglo Gauges on order,yippie :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    ok yea the tutorial is down. i shouild ask bgr for a copy but i took apart my cluster and broke it etc etc so many times that i know how to do it from the top of my head.

first of all. sit down in the drivers seat and note the location of the gauges. where the needles are sitting and how everything looks.

now the cluster has that black shroud around it. the one with the dimemr knob. well if u follow that around to where the steering wheel is, on the top there are two phillips head screws there. take em out. remove the shroud, and don't forget to remove the plug for the dimmer switch. i have a scanner built into mine so i just pushed mine to the side.

now u can see that there are 4 brass colored phillips head screws holding the cluster in. remove those. be careful, they can be easy to lose

now pull the cluster out slowly. unplug the harness from the back of the left side and then the one on the right side. remember there are two harnesses.

once u got the whole cluster out. go to a nice work table. don't do it on the driveway while ur brother is having a basketball game like me. it runs smoother if u do it on a clear table with no distractions.

slowly remove the clear plastic covering. it just clips on. u can see. then the gauge bezel.

there are screws that hold in the gauge faces. take them out. do each gauge one by one. do not remove the needle. slip on the guages. if you have some use some thin double stick tape. now put back the screws and tighten them til they are tight. then back em out like half to a full turn so u don't damage the gauge.

do that for each gauge. reassable the cluster and remount it into the car.

connect all the wiring for the ballast and the control. mount those.

ok this is where it gets shady. i think this is how u do it if im wrong tell me and imma try to fix it. not my fault if something blows up haha. ok the wires should be pre stripped if not. strip the ends. now stick the wire into the back of the plug for the dimmer knob. black to black i think and red to green i recall. just shove it up there. and tape it down. some say use wire taps but those can become faulty. then test to see if it works. if everything works just put everythign else back the way it was...and enjoy

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

VTGalantGTZ
    Thanks Allan!
    Sounds easy enough. I'm going to install mine this weekend.

MrDomu
    Sounds like an easy install. I have replaced a bulb in the cluster, so I have been about half way through this alread. Thnks for the info.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12