The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Electrical issue Where is the relay/brain box for lights

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    mastercall

Electrical issue Where is the relay/brain box for lights

I have been struggling to revive a 1999 V6 gallant that was reverse polarity jumped at an auto auction after I purchased it. The tach, odometer was not working in addition to multiple other gremlins. After replacing the ECU, cluster and alternator only a few issues remain. I would appreciate help and suggestions for my light issues and I have been picking parts from a junkyard vehicle to this point. If you have an idea please tell me where or what the part is that you are suggesting. If you have a part description and location it would make my job easier. All fuses are in place and everything is functional with the exception of the following.

The radio keeps dropping memory. Is there a multi-pin harness or in line fuse for the memory/station retention function?

When I place the main light relay in its proper position the fogs remain on and will not turn off. I will test the fog switch next. In addition the brakes lights are not working (all three of them). In addition the high beams are not working, the indicator lights but the bulbs do not.

I understand that the flow of 12V is from the switch to a relay/brain box for the light functions and then to the component. Does anyone know if such a box exists and if it does where will I find it? The jump cooked the ECU, Cluster and alternator. I will check the bulbs and other single items I am not aware where to find anything past that point.

Thank You!

cdaw2001ES
    Y - we have that whole SWS (simplified wiring system) it uses the ETACS-ECU / Front ECU and Column ecu, There is also the Cruise Control ECU, A/C ECU, the fan control (computer) and SRS ecu. If so equiped you also gots Immobilier ECU, ABS ECU, and Sunroof ecu
    It's not likley that they are all fired. Best thing to do - would be to pay a dealer to scan it with a MUT II tool that can get to the diagnostics of the SWS system. My ODBii logger wont go there.

.... so much for simplified

mastercall
    Reply was e-mailed