Thread: Wheels and Trans questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    Well, would the 18x9 +40 fit?

Boy: Wanna have sex?

Girl: Wanna listen Deadmau5?

Boy: Wanna do both?

*30 mins later*

Cop: So you're saying she just exploded?

Quote Originally Posted by ichbindasgehirn View Post
    Well, would the 18x9 +40 fit?
    it might. i have 19x8.5 +48mm w/ full coilovers and i know that it is very close to rubbing on the suspension (and it did occasionally before i had the camber corrected); stock suspension and simple lowering springs are much wider/bigger than full coilovers so i don't know if 18x9 +40 will clear the stock suspension since 18x9 +40 is only 2mm more clearance on the suspension side than what i have (the outer edge would stick out about 1/2" more on the fender side than mine). again it depends on what you are willing to do to make i it fit. are you willing to roll rear fenders, remove wheel well liners, adjust camber? u might not need to do any of that, but r u willing to? how low are u going to end up lowering? the wider you go the more issues u will run into w/ wheels that wide, not that it is not doable, but be aware that they will probably not just be bolt on and clear everything, especially if you lower the car. again 9" wide wheels might even rub w/ stock suspension on steering lock or deep compression.

18x8 +40 w/ 225/40r18 should fit w/ very little to no problem at all, even lowered deep. at most you would have to roll your rear fenders if you do drop deep.
    Last edited by Reelax; 04-16-2011 at 01:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post

18x8 +40 w/ 225/40r18 should fit w/ very little to no problem at all, even lowered deep. at most you would have to roll your rear fenders if you do drop deep.

I don't mind having to roll my fenders, but I think I may go with the 18x8. how well do 18s fill in the fender wells?
    Last edited by ichbindasgehirn; 04-16-2011 at 09:35 PM

Boy: Wanna have sex?

Girl: Wanna listen Deadmau5?

Boy: Wanna do both?

*30 mins later*

Cop: So you're saying she just exploded?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12