The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fyi on heated mirrors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaKillerGTZ View Post
    FIXED: LS and GTZ had heated mirrors as standard equipment, all others except DE had the dealer option (yes just checked in ASA ;-] )
    Again not true FrankV has the V6 LS With sunroof and 8g831 has the same thing but in the ES and both don't have heated mirrors. Most likely it was just a additional option as mention previously
    Last edited by jimmy_o2; 04-28-2011 at 05:42 AM
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    Again not true FrankV has the V6 LS With sunroof and 8g831 has the same thing but in the ES and both don't have heated mirrors. Most likely it was just a additional option as mention previously

i have a 02 gtz and it did not come with heated mirrors!

Ok, if both of you are based that the mirrors don't have the "heated mirror" mark on it, no factory mirror came with that mark, just the aftermarket replacements. The mirror heater works together with the rear defroster, it does not have a separate switch of something. I double checked ASA (parts catalog) and all LS and GTZ came stock with heated mirrors (mine did). Maybe your cars had them replaced sometime in their life. If you want to make sure they are heated or not, you can either check the door and mirror wiring (heated has 5 wires in the connector, non heated has 3) or try turning on the rear defroster and touch them in a couple of minutes.

Non OEM replacements have the "heated mirror" mark like this one:

Peace!!

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

Mine came with the heated mirrors. When I had to replace one I noticed the difference was in the 3 vs 5 wire mirror internals, like HondaKillerGTZ posted.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Nice find

My 2002 ES 4cyl, came with heated mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by HondaKillerGTZ View Post
    Ok, if both of you are based that the mirrors don't have the "heated mirror" mark on it, no factory mirror came with that mark, just the aftermarket replacements. The mirror heater works together with the rear defroster, it does not have a separate switch of something. I double checked ASA (parts catalog) and all LS and GTZ came stock with heated mirrors (mine did). Maybe your cars had them replaced sometime in their life. If you want to make sure they are heated or not, you can either check the door and mirror wiring (heated has 5 wires in the connector, non heated has 3) or try turning on the rear defroster and touch them in a couple of minutes.

Non OEM replacements have the "heated mirror" mark like this one:

Peace!!

o!! i thought if it didnt have the mark it wasent heated so mabe i did have them in the first place.good info man

"An All-Weather Package ($920) for the ES V6 adds traction control, heated mirrors, and ABS."

http://www.iseecars.com/review/Mitsubishi/Galant/2003

Nicosia - Cyprus - S/E of Mediterranean Sea
    Very interesting upgrade... I shall look in to it soon !!! :)
    Thumbs UP !!!

I never knew I could have heated mirrors! I need to check that out tomorrow...
    '03 Sterling Silver GTZ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12