The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: axle!!

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

axle!!

well i bought an axle for my g awhile back and im not sure what side it goes on.how do i go bout finding this out??????????

You bought an axle for your car but you don't know which side it is? That makes no sense to me.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    You bought an axle for your car but you don't know which side it is? That makes no sense to me.
    ok let say this is one side longer than the other?? i know i might sound stupid

ok well i figured it out i bought the wrong side!! sorry for the stupid post.anyways how do i remove the axle from the the actual car?

Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    ok well i figured it out i bought the wrong side!! sorry for the stupid post.anyways how do i remove the axle from the the actual car?
    Undo the nutt at the center of the hub. You may also need to take out your strut to get the hub to come off with it. Once off if Im not mistaken you should be able to just pull the old one from the trans and insert the new one and throw everything back together.

I recommend draining the fluid before pulling the axle out but if you havent changed your fluid before just get a catch bucket of some sort and after your done refill.

1)Remove pins from center of hub/axle end.
    2)unscrew axle nut(32mm).
    3)Take out the 2 knuckle bolts in your strut. You might have to give the axle a couple of hits to knock it out of the hub. Make sure you keep the nut on when hitting it so you dont screw up your threads.
    4) you should be able to squeeze the axle away from the hub
    5) once the one end is out youll need to use a 2 pry bars preferably
    6) with the two pry bars pry both opposite spots on the axle (so if you pry the bottom pry the top) the axle should fly out
    7)Thats all the reverse the steps to get it back in.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    If you jack up the car only on the side your doing the work and you bring it up high enough, you wont lose much fluid, if any at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    If you jack up the car only on the side your doing the work and you bring it up high enough, you wont lose much fluid, if any at all.
    Thats very true most of the times i did it werent high enough.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    i did it on a lift when i did my passenger side and no fluid came out. But hey i might not have any fluid in there

If you can't get the 2 bolts loose holding the hub to the strut. Another way to get the axle out of the hub is to undo the ball joint bolt and remove the bolt. Then drop the control arm out of the hub. Then turn the hub some and pull out on it just a bit and just far enough to sneak the old axle out. Then do it all in reverse to reinstall the new one. That's how I had to do my wheel bearing cause the 2 large hub bolts wouldn't break loose. But the ball joint one did along with the strut tower bolts. I know kind of backwards but it does work.

Here are a few photos for replacement the axis. This new axis. Little - left. Large - right. made in Canada.
    Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

The car must be raised to the lift. Remove the wheel. Clean the dirt. Unscrew the nut on 32.

Unscrew the two screws from the strut and push the axis.

be sure to drain the oil from the gearbox. Fully pour is not necessary. enough to pour 2-3 litres. If not empty, then when you remove the axis, oil will run on the ground.
    Last edited by stayer; 05-13-2011 at 01:06 AM

then we should remove the axle. It is very simple. See the photo. Here the old axis. Assembly to make in return sequence.