The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hello, Got a few questions about the 02

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Hello, Got a few questions about the 02

I am going to look at a 02 v6 today and will more than likely buy it, IF the is an after market for it? Ive glanced around for parts for the 3.0 but they seem kinda sparce am I just looking in the wrong places? please hit me back asap as im going to look at this car in about 3 hours.

Welcome to TGC

There is a lot of aftermarket parts for the Galant. 2.4L and the v6 3.0. If you look around the forum there is a lots of mod you could do to the galant.

So you will feel better. 99-03 is the same car. most of the parts are the same. Also from the 00-05 eclipse v6 like suspension and some engine parts are compatible with the G. Also you could take engine parts from the Diamante and also from the 6g75 that is the 04+ 3.8 galants. Hope that helps, good luck
    Last edited by Isaurio; 05-22-2011 at 10:40 AM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

yup helps alot thank .... intakes easy to find ...heads form the 3.5 found an eclipse modfication on an exa and found a sight that dose ECU remapping hopping that will get me to 230-250 the body and ice is gonna be a blast to work on if i get it ....its 4500$ 110k miles on it should i grab it ? im torn 3ways between this a 02-05 sonata v6 or a realy expensive project in a sebring (yeah i know they suck but no one tunes them)

also....how much HP can the stock auto tranny handle? and ive founf a million and one turbos for it ...is there a supercharger?

Welcome to TGC|
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Welcome to TGC got any pics of your Galant?

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Did you end up buying it? If not, where are you located?

Good luck on the potential purchase. And yes as Isaurio mentioned, engine options are available :)
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

well i looked at it and the read quarter had one hell of a dent im talking enough to put a crease int he car and looking at im guessing at least a grand at a body shop ... + repaint so im prolly not gonna get that one. but im keeping my eyes open for one i still have a couple weekds to make my desisison. If i dont find somthing i like by then ill have to make the drive from DC to alabama and get my Jetta out of storage :-/
    Last edited by CplWelch; 05-23-2011 at 12:22 PM

any ever replaced a read Q pan befor how much did it run ?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    if you're in DC just drive to CT to buy mine :D

I'll be posting an actual forsale thread within a few days.

edit: the weather has been too crappy to give it a good cleaning from the winter to take good pictures

your car or the Q panel and how much you cahrgeing what color ? drivers side :P

also the I4 how many parts out there for them and how much to get it to the 250 hp range normaly ??

i dont want to have to settle for a damn sebring but if i dont find the right galant imma have to lol :-)