The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wheel Hop

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    MnGalant

Wheel Hop

How do i get rid of wheel hop. It does it alot on turns and i dont want to have any damage to the tranny.

CT_GalantV6
    wheel hop as I know it would be a wheel that just bounces all over the place when you hit bumb, due to a dead or very weak strut/shock.

Sounds like your rear end is kicking out while cornering and probably hitting a bump at the same time. This again can be a dead or weak strut/shock, or it could be the car needs an alignment. Check your tire pressure.

bam462
    stiffer springs cause it more then soft ones

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    get a front upper strut bar and a rear lower tie bar
    7g for life!

SCortes
    I agree with CT the car may just need an alignment. Then again the struts could be the problem.

theguy526
    Yeah, definitly check the alignment first (if thats the prob then you don't want to spend money on things that won't fix it anyway). I had a problem with that myself, and an alignment didn't help. That is when I bought my urethane motor mounts. I stiffens up your chassis a lot, just like a shock tower bar would, but not just from side to side (if you get the whole engine mount kit) but front to back also. I know it helped me, but if I were you, I would check my differential too.

MnGalant
    Ive already got a strutbar. About 2 week ago it got pretty bad so i to it to the shop. The said my rims wernt balanced right and that everting on the suspension and alignment was fine. So i went to discount tire and had them do it right and it helped alittle. But for example when im on the freeway doing about 60 and i take a moderate corner it feels like the car is having trouble turning and about to loose traction. I know its not the tires cause i have real good tire. Would the motor mounts help this. Also where can i get a good set from. Also thanks for the help.

HiperSilver
    wheel hop when your going 60 and making a small turn?

are you sure its wheel hop... Wheel hop is when you launch a car and you cant get traction and the wheels jump up and down. or when gunning it around a turn and the wheels jump a few times.

When you are making turns does the inner part of the car lift up too high and the outter goes low?

If its tahts id trier lowering the center of gravity by getting some springs, and getting some struts. Strut bars. Sway bars, etc etc, whatever.

MnGalant
    Its for sure wheel hop. I just want it to ride like it use to cause i realy dont have the money right now for parts. So im just trying to get to the problem. I really apreciate all the help u guys have given me i think ill try some mounts.

U need to have someone balance your tires on a Road Force Veriencer machine!! It sounds like you might have a bad tire. Either u have high and low spots on the tire or u messed a belt on the underside of the tire up! Either way the RFV can find all that out!!