The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clutch pedal feels like $hit

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    Experienced TGC Member

Clutch pedal feels like $hit

Ok so this has been a problem for a while now. It started off with the off brand clutch master cylinder that I bought new that eventually started to get gritty and made a lot of noise every time I compress the clutch pedal. So, I figured maybe it was because I was cheap so I bought a brand new OEM clutch master cylinder and all was good. That one was lasted a little longer then the off-brand one and now it feels exactly the same. Could it possibly be the type of fluid I'm using? Any other recommendations?
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    did you change out the fluid? Those lines will be pretty dirty after sitting in the junkyard for awhile, so the lines might still have all the crud in them

Sounds to me like you probably still have crap in the system

what fluid are you using in it?Dot 3 brake fluid is usually what is used.Try bleeding the system and see what happens,or you can take the banjo bolt off the slave cylinder and drain the fluid and put fresh fluid in and bleed it.

Experienced TGC Member
    Everything was brand new. Built a ss clutch line, new slave and master cylinder.

EVO 4G
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    Everything was brand new. Built a ss clutch line, new slave and master cylinder.

EVO 4G
    does the pedal feel weak?it might have air in the system if it does.

I have the same feeling with my clutch after its wormed up. itll feel like the plunger in the cylinder is rubbing inside giving it a spongy sound with a gritty feel. Im going to inspect all contact points via slave to the clutch pedal and spray all joints with WD-40. I really think its the plunger in the master cylinder for me cause nothing else would make the sound + feel unless its rubber.
    Last edited by Exhaust power; 05-26-2011 at 10:58 PM

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

I went and sprayed WD-40 on the parts mentioned and in the back of the pungers/piston what ever its called and the car gets into gear better and the pedal feels silk smooth
    Last edited by Exhaust power; 05-26-2011 at 10:58 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Ill give that a shot but the question is, how long is it going to feel good for?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Make sure you put all the bolts into the clutch petal when you installed it into the car.. There's two bolts that bolt up under the dash.. Didn't realize they were missing until my clutch petal snapped off the firewall..

Experienced TGC Member
    Yup got all 4 bolts holding it in.

EVO 4G

Ill give that a shot but the question is, how long is it going to feel good for?
    who knows i guess as long as the lubricated product would last. All fails ill buy another master. a grease lube would probably be better in the long run too .

Im not complaining though cause my clutch feels 100% better

Experienced TGC Member
    I bought some silicone spray lube im going to try

EVO 4G

I bought some silicone spray lube im going to try

EVO 4G
    that seems like a good idea i was thinking about something like that too.

How does it feel?