The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 galant no spark

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Darryl Streed

94 galant no spark

I have a 94 galant with the 2.4 liter DOHC engine. Car quit shifting into 3rd gear. Have no spark. Timing belt seems fine, don't know about balance shaft belt. replace Ignition control module to no avail. Help, where do i turn now?

jcridgway
    Try the distributor,

Darryl Streed

94 galant no spark

This engine is a DOHC. It doesn't have a distributor. It has a module, cam sensoe and crank sensor. Could the balance belt cause this?

Re: 94 galant no spark

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Streed
    This engine is a DOHC. It doesn't have a distributor. It has a module, cam sensoe and crank sensor. Could the balance belt cause this?
    no.
    not unless it wrapped around the crankshaft when it failed, and caused the main belt to jump.

Darryl Streed

94 galant no spark

I'm kind of baffled. main timing belt looked good. I have since taken the back cam gear off to look at the cam sensor so I have a mess now. But I don't think I have gotten to the bottom of the problem yet. Have any ideas?

do you have compression, fuel pressure, or an injector pulse?

Darryl Streed

94 galant no spark

I have fuel pressure, stopped there just figuring I would have injector pulse. I have compression. I was advised by a dealer to continue into the timing cover and inspect everything although I don't really know what to expect or look for other than a balance shaft belt broken. But as others have said that should have no effect on spark.

verify that you indeed have an injector pulse.

Darryl Streed

94 galant no spark

I certainly am not questioning your suggestion and I will chjeck for pulse but help me understand how that may be tied to no spark. Im baffled.