The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: KYB Shocks

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

KYB Shocks

How long are KYB Shocks (gas adjustables) meant to last...how do I know when I should replace them? I've had my front shocks on for at least 5 years. I replaced the rears about a year ago after I notice one leaking. Is that the clue...leaking?

Thanks for any insight.

I'm sure they'll exceed the life of OEM shocks, but if you it picks at your brain replace them at the recommended mileage which I believe is 50K. Although whatever numbers you get on here, just remember that everything varies, with road conditions (not weather, like potholes and bumps),also if you're dropped and driving habits.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 06-13-2011 at 05:33 PM

I've gone through 2 sets of gr-2's and on both sets as soon as they started leaking they were blown and bouncing. I replaced with the AGX series and have been good for some time now. So I guess my point is if they're leaking now I would replace them before you bounce down the road like a rubber ball.

Do you have lowering springs? Gr-2's could only handle so much.

if ur lowered more than 2 than u will blow them!! i had the same struts with megan racing spring and they didnt last a summer.i guess it depends on how good the roads are where u live. just my 2cents
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Yes lowered with eibach pro kit. V6 LS

TGC Regular
    Just put out the extra and get coilovers or AGXs. Youll be must happier if you do this right the first time. My OEM went out at 120k and running agx/teins

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

^^^your sig looks way lower than Teins.

TGC Regular
    Those are on photo springs and shop struts... lmao Thats an old pic. I do need a new sig.

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant