The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: quick tire pressure question

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Black Magic

quick tire pressure question

ok i was looking at the tire pressure and i have kuhmo 215/40/17's and the tire pressure was 25lbs in the fronts and 21 in the rears? but that just doesn't seem right does anyone know what they are suppose to be at, or where i can find out what they are supposed to be at?

well on stock i know its 32 and 29... but dont know about u

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Isn't the recommended psi on the tire somewhere??

Black Magic
    on the tire it said 44psi but does that equal 44lbs? also that seems kind of high, no?

cdaw2001ES
    psi = Pounds per square inch.
    44lbs does seem high - but I've nerver had perfromance 17s - that MIGHT be the tires weight? I'm pretty sure my tires say 35 PSI max or something like that - But I'm rollin stock 15's and I keep em at 32/29 like the door says

That 44 psi is probably the max psi, don't inflate them to over that amount. What you have in there though right now is definitely too low fro normal driving. You want to have it at least like 32psi. Usually the lower the profile of the tires, the higher the psi. I have 225/40/18's, and I keep them at about 40psi. Anything lower, and I start getting awfully close to driving with the sidewall touching the ground. The max psi for my tires is 50psi. Hope that helps
    -Clay

2000 Kalapana Black ES V6

White 18 Katana Concept 10's.
    B&W all the way!

Black Magic
    so the fronts are supposed to have more air in them than the rears right?

cdaw2001ES
    yes -the front weighs more