The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Noise from the front when accelerating moderately/hard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    are lifter the kind of parts that is ok to buy aftermarket?

I saw the OEM price and they are $280! the ebay ones are so cheap at $80.

how much should i expect for labor?

If you can find topline ones they are good people havent really had any problems with them.Expect to pay around $250-$300 roughly because you have to remove the valve cover and make sure the retaining springs stay in place and each lifter needs to be blead so that there is no air.It might be something you can do yourself i am sure the other guys on tgc can help guide you through it.

I tried RISLONE first before I plunk down another $400 for repairs. I poured in 1/4 bottle and the noise was gone the next day. The instruction said to pour one bottle when you change the oil, but I couldn't wait and didn't want to drain 1 qt of oil from the engine. 1/4 bottle works! thanks to this forum!!!

spoke too soon, the noise is back. I'll put in a whole bottle on the next oil change.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    noises are the absolutely hardest problem to diagnose online, without a sound clip. I would take it to a reputable mechanic if you are not familiar with working on cars yourself.
    this!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMBA View Post
    I tried RISLONE first before I plunk down another $400 for repairs. I poured in 1/4 bottle and the noise was gone the next day. The instruction said to pour one bottle when you change the oil, but I couldn't wait and didn't want to drain 1 qt of oil from the engine. 1/4 bottle works! thanks to this forum!!!
    You know the part # for which Rislone you used?

100QR Rislone Engine Treatment.

I also tried CD2, but it didn't work.

I have this problem on my Galant as well. Just a slight tap of the accelerator and you hear a light grinding whir of a noise. It seems harmless though, like another user said, it started clicking in at 100,000 kms. (Currently at 160 000 km) I have had the issue for at least 4 years now and it comes and goes. Actually, haven't heard it for several months now. Seems to be more common in the summer for me. I had a mechanic fix some wheel rod links last year and he said it was a general noise with the car and not to worry about it unless it gets louder.
    Last edited by mr_oh_so_ice; 09-20-2011 at 05:11 PM

^ Sounds like our valve tick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12