The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake/Engine Vibration at WOT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    so would it help to have it redone?
    i would consult the haynes manual, as it specifically talks about setting the balance shaft belt. Basically it a offset weight that spins with the motor to balance it, when it it misaligned you are going to feel it lope hard cause it is going to be throwing the weight part down and the wrong part of the stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    i would consult the haynes manual, as it specifically talks about setting the balance shaft belt. Basically it a offset weight that spins with the motor to balance it, when it it misaligned you are going to feel it lope hard cause it is going to be throwing the weight part down and the wrong part of the stroke.
    Makes complete sense, i just may dig that up this weekend also. how would you rate difficulty from 1-10?

Uhm bought a 5 the pain in the ass is getting all the marks aligned(you have to take off your t belt to get to the balance shaft) but make sure you have a haynes manual when you do it and read it a few times on the timing part, in order to bottom out the shaft you have to stick a screwdriver in, the haynes manual explains it. I did mine my sounds and feel, but unless you know what you are doing DO NOT do that. Just get the haynes and it will be worth its weight in gold.

I have 2 one for 8g and for my old 3g, but thanks for the heads up.

alright, just read the timing belt section and you should be able to do it with some general mechnical know how

iy could be the pipe from the water pump to the water outlet? or the bracket under the intake to the engine . try tightening those from underneath.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Ok, it seems like its Fixed for the most part now. Like I said before I had my belts changed back in June, but I never had them re-checked afterwards for tighteness. They started squealing in the morning since it got cold, so I took it to my mechanic who installed them. He said they were in need of tightening, and fixed it. And now for the most part the vibration has diminished. Wheww! Thk goodness!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

cool story bro, im glad it all worked out. feels good doesnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I Gave up on this long ago, so far "IT" (the vibrations) has broken 2 4g64 IM's. Let me tell you a bit about my situation see what input I can get.

Jan 2010-Had timing done, I watched the guy do it. Mechanic with tons of experience. Took the cover off and the balance belt was torn, timing intact. Ive drove the G since 2006 with 87k, timing was done with about 130k on Jan 2010. Never had vibration issue until the balance belt was put on. who knows how long that belt had been torn, because I never noticed any change in performance during those 4 years to determine if it tore on me.

June 2010-what I think is the stock IM cracked, replaced and thats it.

Late AUG 2010-IM cracks again. WTF!! so I changed it again, this time did all the Mounts+Tranny and Tune-UP (Spark Plugs/Wires/OIL/Seafoam/Air Filter/Drive Belts/Idler Pulley) Still Have Vibrations, they haven't decreased So I know that IM wont last, Bought the Outlander from member "deeznutz" (shoutout goes to him). Will install This holiday weekend. And just ignore the vibrations since the Mani can handle it.... I hope. They say 99% will hold up, trust me I can be that 1%.

If youre still with me.....

My vibrations start at 3k and kill your foot to the point of taking it off the pedal at Redline 6200. So freeway at 75mph is nothing but bbzzzzzzzzzzz!
    Never had an issue with such harsh vibrations until that balance belt was installed after who knows how long, sometimes i want to cut it. my tires have been rotated, balanced and car has been aligned, CV's replaced as well this year. My tires, proud to say are top of the line Michelin Primacy in 215/50/17.... very soft. But I still get the Gas Pedal Vibrations, someone told me is could be slightly bent valves or an off balance crank.
    What do you think??
    Car sits at 150k with everything working just fine, no tranny slip or clunk, no pings or click clacks.

Eternally Grateful to anyone who can come up with a godd solution to this problem

mine was vibrating at highway speeds pretty bad after i did the timing belt and balance shaft belt too. torn into it yesterday and it turned out to be the counter weight on my oil pump gear where the timing belt goes on it. it was like a half turn off. got it right then mine went away so u might could check it.
    !MaD_JaCk!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
    cool story bro, im glad it all worked out. feels good doesnt it?
    Thx, yeah it does. I might have my mechanic check the timing belt he put on though, just to be sure everything is good, bcz Im still getting that pedal vibration...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

So Im still getting this vibration, and my mechanic said he checked the timing belt and everything was good. I didnt mention for him to check the balance shaft belt, so thats next. Im just hoping this hasnt caused any damage to my motor...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Problems still kinda here too, Since my last posts I'm Outlander Mani Swapped now so the vibrations don't threaten my manifold any more, they actually don't come on until about 4-5k rpm now since the swap. I just learned to live with it.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    So Im still getting this vibration, and my mechanic said he checked the timing belt and everything was good. I didnt mention for him to check the balance shaft belt, so thats next. Im just hoping this hasnt caused any damage to my motor...
    This were my symptoms when my balance shaft was 360* wrong:
    Ok so yesterday I changed my timing belt, the camshaft belt I think its called, the A/C -P/S, and the alternator belt. I aligned all the timing marks before taking it off. The car started up normally.

1. When accelerating the car sounds very different than before, I don't know it sounds like a lower tone.

2. The RPMs are weird, pushed the pedal hard it accelerates and the RPM have reached 5k before gearing up, I haven't pushed it more because Im afraid of it breaking, with normal acceleration it can reach 3000 to 3500 RPM before changing 1st to 2nd.

3. Theres a little vibration but nothing too bad.

4. Also when I let off the gas pedal the RPM stay at 1500-2000 and I dont remember that happening before.
    Basically I felt the rpms weren't attached to the acceleration of the car, and the A/T didn't wanted to change gear until I took my foot of the gas pedal.

Hope you can fix the problem
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 08-02-2011 at 01:42 PM

4g64T 5spd

^Ok I will definitely have it checked out...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Problem Finally Fixed for Good!!!
    The Oil pump sprocket timing marks were off by 180 degrees! Drive so much smoother and faster now IMO.
    Any possible internal motor damage from this being like this for over a year???
    JDM Zenki Conversion

I'm gonna have to check that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12