The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: question about engine with over 200,000 miles

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

question about engine with over 200,000 miles

hey guys have had my g on the back burner for while but with baby on way now its going to be my main source of getting around. so of course it needs some loving. i realky feel like it needs a rebuild or a really good tune up. what does everyone suggest? any help would be nice

How long has it been sitting for?Is it running rough?You might just be able to get away with changing all of the fluids oil,coolant etc.When is the last time the timing belt was done?I would deffinantly start with that first do the spark plugs,wires,cap and rotor depending if you have a 4 cylinder or not.

its running but rough it was my wifes first and of course she got the new car and she didnt take to good of care of it. it runs but it has a oil keak from where i dont know? guess ill start with the basics and go from there. but besides fluids what else would be great? and its 4 not v6

Get a new engine with low millage. Don't spend any more money on that engine.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

that is what i really wanna do but where is good place to get a 4g64 motor? online or find one in town? what is a good price?

My g has 243000 didn't run when I got it and Burns oil put a heavy oil in it do all before mentioned things does the oil leak (puddle) or burn (less and less)
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

puddle i would say, cleaned engine and the oil leaks from somewhere? rear of motor? wouldnt mind getting new engine and having little work done to it.

check car-part.com they have a few there

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Probably your oil is leaking from the valve cover gasket or the oil pan gasket, those are simple enough fixes. Take your spark plugs off and check if there's oil in them, and you might have to replace the seals there as well. 200K is not too bad for our engines. Some good maintenance and you might it running again.

ive replaced cover gasket but it puddles on top of tranny and all bottom and rear. it hasnt been well taken care of. so a new lower mileage motor would be best bet. and can maybe work on new motor till this one dies? just going over my options.

Probably the rear main seal then.

and where is that? lol guess imma need hit up vatozone and get one of those manuel to help work on car