The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alternator/Battery problem!!

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    TGC Regular

Alternator/Battery problem!!

Ok....When i turn my blinkers on.....my indiglo gauges, interior lights and headlights/tailights dim when the blinkers blink....its pretty noticeable...

also when i hit the brakes.....the same happens. Forget even bumping my system at night because it looking like I am driving with strobes for headlight!!!

And when my AC/defroster is on, when i come to a stop sign/light...everything dims and my idle falls to almost 0 then slowly crawls back to normal as if the car is about to stall!!!

And tonight....I started it up for the first time since last week(vacation)...and the battery was dead and needed a jump.

Anyone have any clue what is wrong???
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

TGC Regular
    anyone??? today the car had trouble starting at first

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    check your battery, altenator, and connections first.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Moosh
    Yeah make sure you have good ground connections. When Rob's car died, he found that bad grounds caused his car not to start. If you have a bad or weak ground, it might be causing this weirdness to happen.

My99GTZ
    I had major dimming issues after I put in my system, I went out and bought a new battery, still some minor dimming but alot better...

Sheena351
    Check your ground wire coming from chassis to the motor...

VypA
    also if it doesnt go away completely after you check/replace your alternator and battery i hear the hyper ground wires help the dimming when the system hits.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VypA
    also if it doesnt go away completely after you check/replace your alternator and battery i hear the hyper ground wires help the dimming when the system hits.
    Yeha im not worried about the lights dimming when i have my system on...i just dont like it when i have my ac on and my car is about to stall until i turn it off

SkunK
    Buy an Optima battery. They are probably the best batteries out right now. I've got one and it works great, no dimming problems at all.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/

Check there ^ or even E-bay.