The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: UK Galant

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    The 99 Galant

UK Galant

OK, i was looking in the net to see what others have done to the galants. I found this nice looking one from the UK. He didn't say he had a body kit on it but the front bumper looked different than ours. Does anyone know if the UK galant has the same dimensions as the US version and mounts in the same place. Thanks
    dave

No they are different. We got stuck with the crappy version :?

Dmac1969
    99 Galant
    Do you have a pic of the UK galant you saw? If I could see it id tell you whether it was a stock car or if it had an aftermarket kit on it. As for differences betwwen our specs , well starting at the front , our lights and grilles are different , we get a 2.0 16V petrol , a 2.4 GDI (gasoline direct injection) petrol , and a 2.5 V6 (combined with 2 turbos and 4wd for the VR4 model). Manual 5 speed tranny is the default option , you pay extra for an auto , except on the VR4 , current examples of which are all INVECS II tiptronic autos. We get what you call JDM interior door handles (chrome) as standard as well..lol! Also the tails look identical to JDM ones , but are fitted with rear foglights , one in each light cluster , except for the VR4 which is basically an 'official' grey import from Japan , imported by Mitsu UK. AS Jap spec cars do not have rear fogs in the rear lamp clusters , the VR4 is fitted with a small rear foglight let into a hole cut in the bumper. Talking of bumpers , they may be different front and rear also , due to that law you guys have over there , you know , the one which gave the MGB its horrid rubber bumpers!

Cheers

The 99 Galant
    I believe i found the car at www.cardomain.com I'll find it for you as soon as i get a chance to look...thanks for the info

Dmac1969
    Not a problem.