The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Our quiet V6s

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Our quiet V6s

This is a random post, but I was thinking, and it occured to me that our V6s are pretty quiet, right? So it's like another wow factor for people we race. They don't hear anything and they might think our cars aren't even trying.

Anyways, I lost my train of thought. I thought I had more to say...

yeah stock, the galant is a sleeper... the v6 is very quiet. however once you add exhaust and intake then headers, the car sounds like a monster. my car sounds like a camaro now.

yeah my I4 also
    before I got my exhaust and CAI
    you couldnt even tell when my car was running
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

yup that true.. some times my bro dont even know if the car is on or off.,,,, but after i got my Short Ram Intake.. it sounds like monster...

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

one way to tell if yer car is runnin (for those quiet people like mine) is to check and see what your RPMs are idling at 8) :thumbsup:

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

I rather like quiet.

For the history-challenged, Theodore Roosevelt said it best:
    "Walk softly and carry a big stick."

Last time I pulled up next to a 911, it didn't "throb" or sound like a hive
    of angry bees, it just had a sound like a fine sewing machine.

Nothing like the sound of precision-built machinery to garner
    respect (or should) in those who know better.

Anybody know how loud the RippMods V6 SDS kit is?
    -- John --
    2001 Black Galant GTZ (Sold 5/18/2015)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stealth Fighter)</div><div class='quotemain'>Anybody know how loud the RippMods V6 SDS kit is?</div>

Yea I'm with you. I like the quiet sleeping tiger style of the Galant, until I punch it with the I/H/E. As far as the SDS, there was a sound clip posted here a long time ago. It's not much more noise than when you have an I/H/E, but there is this really sexy whirrrrrrrrrrr when it idles from the belt drive. When the SDS really kicks in, it's not much more than a subtle whine... :shock: as it flies by with 286WHP.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

AGREE, but like everyone else said -- after the intake, fugedaboudid'!
    Semper Fi'

dza
    i just took my cai off and i'm impressed with the feel in lack of sound. I'm glad my air filter randomly fell of somewhere on the road. I must have had no filter for at least a few weeks. I probably would have put it back on and lived with the noise. Its much nicer being quiet and the difference in power is hardly noticeable if at all. I'm staying stock for silence sake until I decide whether I want to S/C or get another car.

Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    my V6 was extra quiet as well. then i put duals on there. it had a nice hummmm. then i put the cai....what a difference.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports

Experienced TGC Member
    I have a fake intake, and no muffler. Im probably the loudest G in the LA area. I onced had revving match with a V8 suburban next to me at a stop light. My car made the suburban sound like a civic.

BTW You dont hear the CAI till about 4k RPM. And then it just screams.

dza
    thats what i don't like... the scream. i kinda like the rumble it made in the lower rpm range but after about 5k it just sounded nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet BLaK
    I have a fake intake, and no muffler. Im probably the loudest G in the LA area. I onced had revving match with a V8 suburban next to me at a stop light. My car made the suburban sound like a civic.

dunno about u being the loudest... i have a CAI, down pipe w/ no catalytic convertersm (all 3 have been removed), straight thru cat back w/ 2.75" piping and a race mufler although i did keep the stock rear resonator.

Censee

how do u have a "fake" intake??

Senior TGC Member
    Over time though I've noticed that the V6 sounds like a 4 banger engine when you stand at the front of the car as it accelerates.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Censee

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/backup...+intake&.view=l

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax

dunno about u being the loudest... i have a CAI, down pipe w/ no catalytic convertersm (all 3 have been removed), straight thru cat back w/ 2.75" piping and a race mufler although i did keep the stock rear resonator.
    Ok ok, no need to show off j/k

Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Censee

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/backup...+intake&.view=l

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax

Ok ok, no need to show off j/k

yo man, that is the funniest/most creative thing i've seen in a while. what made u think of that? my boy has a hyundai and is making a "fake" cai. it works....just as long as it works for you!! personally, i would have NEVER thought of doing that. nice 1.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports

remedy just posted this.. video clip of my car last year, has pretty good audio of my exhaust.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289...tulation_page=Y

-Ballernation-
    When I was a small kid, my dad told me the silent fart has the most deadliest smell compared to the loud, annoying farts.

Now put it in car term.

We G's have a quiet but powerful exhaust system compared to the loud obnoxious Hondas out there! See, I did learn something back then...