The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just Bought this.. What to do now lol

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Just Bought this.. What to do now lol

Im still thinking if i should just rip this apart and do internals, or just drop it in, on stock evo 8 turbo.. What you guys think?
    I want to have the car to still be my daily driver because its the only family car i have, i just want to ump the power up a bit..
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Build then drop it in... How much you pay for it?

«Carlos»

For the head i payed 600 with everything included, that means manifold and everything. and for the block 900. But im debating on either ditching this block for now and going with the 2.4 and keeping this as an emergency back up lol.. All im looking for is 300hp
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

Nice pick up drop that in and build the 2.4 block, then put the head in, ether way u will still make those numbers

HTC EVO 4G
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    if your only looking for 300whp DO NOT OPEN UP THE ENGINE!!! Stock EVO engines can hold 400whp for a long time before they go bad. Once you open the motor your subjecting yourself to many variables that can lead to engine failure. The most reliable EVO's around are the ones running bolt on turbo kits and stock bottom ends. Its OK if you wanna do cams or something but dont mess with the shortblock unless there is already a problem with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

U. nice found. Ohh yeah i agree with Stewi. If you making 300hp range, leave everything stock. Just by tuning the ecu you could gain some extra hp without any mods. Just drop it, tune and go.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

yup they go hard.. although iv just got back from a drive in a 700bhp evo 8 lol.. yumm,enjoy
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

What stewi said with just simple bolt ons it will deff make the power u want, my buddies EVO made over 550 on stock bottem end, cams and bolt ons, and tune iirc he was pushing 30ish PSI on a black turbo setup and made a nation record on the 1/4 mile before it went, and it was a daily

HTC EVO 4G
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

TGC Regular
    Do some head work (ex cams ) a bigger turbo and tune and drop that monster in
    Nothing is nicer then a early 90's mitsu

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    no no no

There is no reason to put a bigger turbo on that motor if he's looking for 300whp. The evo from the factory makes 230awhp. So on a FWD application that is closer to 250whp due to less drivetrain loss. With that being said, making 400whp on stock EVO turbo is easy. All you need to do is a set of good cams (no other headwork), 3" exhaust system (turbo back) and have the ECU tuned, thats it. Hell, you could probably hit 350whp on the stock cams too but upgrading the cams is easy and it nets you nice gains and a more useable powerband. When your shooting for a lower power goal like that, its all about dollar for dollar power versus investment. You should be able to get away with a small amount of money to make the power you want. That why I always tell people when they PM me, you need to clearly define your goals for the car before doing anything. I see soo many people over on EVOM with FP blacks and precision 6262's and their horsepower goal is 500whp, yet they use turbo's and intercoolers that are designed for 700whp cars, sure they work, but having the right combo to suit your needs will give more useable power and a car thats much more pleasant to daily drive if need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Congrats on the purchase..... and i'm glad we got someone like stewi on our side.....

"Triangle Circle Triangle Square"

TGC Regular
    Thanks stewi. I didn't think the stock evo turbo could handle more boost. Thanks for setting me straight .
    Nothing is nicer then a early 90's mitsu

Quote Originally Posted by 1992Galant View Post
    Thanks stewi. I didn't think the stock evo turbo could handle more boost. Thanks for setting me straight .
    Is all abouth the tune bro. As long u dont have knock u are good.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Im probably going to end up dropping this swap soon, but the problem is ive been offered a good amount of money for the Evo 8 block and im considering letting go for the price.. Can i get away with swapping in the 2.4 block instead and having fun with that block? I know eventually Im gonna want to go bigger.. And 5 speed..

Is that engine a complete evo 8 engine? We mostly use the evo parts for their head swaps. So maybe a stock 4g64 with the evo head? You can still sell the shortblock lol.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Just drop it in.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You know, I feel like a 4g63 2.0T would actually be a bit better for an FWD 8g...

At least give the car a chance to hook up when your out of boost lol, rather than hitting boost even sooner haha

That is true, because driving with this stock 2.4 it feels really torquish I can only imagine whats its going to be like when boosted . Hmmm im gonna have to really think about this now.. DAM you mitsu why couldnt you just come up with a stock 4g63 in our cars just like the DSM's lol

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Just drop it in.
    X2