The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hyundai Sonata Transmission?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Hyundai Sonata Transmission?

Hey I recently saw a thread and i dont remember if it was club 3g or here but it was stating that I can use a Hyundai Sonata transmission for 00-03 can someone verify this? Im really interested in doing this because im having a case of stinky burned auto tranny.. If anyone can help me out with this id greatly appriciate it..
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

Talk to member Exhaust power, he has put a Sonata 5-speed in his car.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

The hardest thing to do is modify the tranny mount which isnt hard.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=42668
    Last edited by Exhaust power; 12-06-2011 at 08:04 PM

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

i just found your post this morning, i asked a few questions there just to be on the safe side on what parts are interchangable, because i know i can get evo pedals, and evo shifter box like by today.. what parts can i use and cant use
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)