The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel pressure reg

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    utlize

Fuel pressure reg

Fuel pressure regulator and pump what volume pump should I get and what should I keep it regulated at? How is this going to effect my PCM. If it affects my ECM what can I do to counter it. Any good idea's on brands of pumps and regulators?

RPW Rising Rate FPR. I know acouple Eclipse Guys using a B&M FPR but for the most part the RPW is gooder. I keep mine set at 55psi
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Im using the walbro .255lph pump, with the same RPW FPR but im running 61psi..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

utlize
    did you install a new fuel pump? Or should I install a new fuel pump?

I'm also using the RPW FPR (Yes Laz, I got it back LOL) and have it set to 48PSI. Installing the Walbro pump is pretty easy. It's a drop in pump.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

leadfoot
    does the walbro 255 and the RPW FPR add power?

8ggalant
    correct me if im wrong fish, cam, shane....n0t necesarily power..but response

I'm inclined to say more response. but helps well...nessissary tools for more power down the road.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Yep, Laz and 8g are right. It will level out the torque curve and fill in any flat spots, espcially at the top end. Plus if you your plans are FI, it's a neccessity to deliver the extra fuel.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

if your engine is stock, leave the fuel pressure at stock. increasing it will probably just trigger a check engine light for the car being out of its normal fuel map.
    it wont make it run any better, as the PCM will decrease injector pulse width to compensate for the rich running.

leadfoot
    i was planning on getting the walbro 255 and the FPR after my CAI, header, and hi flow cat. i think all in one step i will have the FPR, walbro 255 and the S-AFC installed at once. after those it's the nitrous.

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leadfoot)</div><div class='quotemain'>i was planning on getting the walbro 255 and the FPR after my CAI, header, and hi flow cat. i think all in one step i will have the FPR, walbro 255 and the S-AFC installed at once. after those it's the nitrous.</div>

i thought u were superchargin???