The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: brakes info??

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

brakes info??

hey,im trying to figure out what year 3000gt brakes fit on our cars and what year? i know evo 8 brakes bolt!
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

They don't! I believe they fit the 2g eclipse. Not to sound like a jerk but don't you do any reaserch on your own? And we all know the evo's bolt right on nothing new there!
    Last edited by deeznutz; 12-16-2011 at 10:31 AM

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    They don't! I believe they fit the 2g eclipse. Not to sound like a jerk but don't you do any reaserch on your own? And we all know the evo's bolt right on nothing new there!
    They do its certain years but on the dual piston just like the diamante and v6 duel pistons not the 4 piston

Well I figured he was talking about 4 piston our cars came equipped with the 2 piston so what would be the sense in wanting to swap twin's in from a 3000

I think after 2000 the V6 G's have single piston, I know my 2001 has single pots on the front.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Only the Vr4 has the 4 pot calipers. The bolt pattern is the same, but the thread in not on the caliper, but on the spindle instead

The lower trims of 3000gt have 7g bolt pattern and not 8g
    Last edited by mko; 12-16-2011 at 03:05 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

there have been people who fit evo 8 brembos on 2g's so there is probably a way to do but its too much work for most when you can just slap evo brembos and call it a day
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Experienced TGC Member
    Unless you plan to literally road race the vehicle, upgrading the brake system from OEM is going to be a waste of time and money unless you just want what many seem to and that being the "wow factor"

Honestly, I have to wonder how you are going from wanting an engine swap, a built motor, some type of engine bolt on parts, and now to upgrading the brakes?

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

i got a powerslot rear bbk complete with calipers and pads if your interested.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports