The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: attachin cone filter to stock intake

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

attachin cone filter to stock intake

i was wondering where i would be able to find just the adapter..i been lookin around and only find it coming with a filter as well. i just need the adapter itself, and is it specific just to our cars? or can i use the adapter for other cars?

Re: attachin cone filter to stock intake

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sowndwayv)</div><div class='quotemain'>i was wondering Â*where i would be able to find just the adapter..i been lookin around and only find it coming with a filter as well. Â*i just need the adapter itself, and is it specific just to our cars? or can i use the adapter for other cars?</div>

Any car with the same motor and configuration which includes:

Assuming you have a 8G

1999-2003 8G Galants
    2000-2003 3G Eclipses
    2000-2003 2G Stratus

Those 'should' all work considering the AEM, Injen, and other intakes are interchangeable, and each of the above cars share motors.

cool..thanks a lot..any idea where i can get just the adapter alone?

escoson
    direct from the company, i know injen is good with selling parts from there intakes by themselves.

or EBAY also
    I know a bunch of people got it there
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Yeah you can just get a MAS adapter and a cone intake and slap it on your plasic fatory intake...
    8)
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Faction
    link please?

Faction
    will this one fit the galant?

yeah, that one will fit.
    -Clay

2000 Kalapana Black ES V6

White 18 Katana Concept 10's.
    B&W all the way!

madspeed
    Well, i asked in the other forum and everyone yes YES!!

I'm getting one this week to try...

the thing about the ones on ebay is that they usually come with the filters..and i dont need a filter..just the adapter..just trynna save some bucks. thanks a lot tho for all the input. prolly gonna check out aem as suggested

cdaw2001ES
    Just get it off ebay - and toss the filter, still the cheapest solution... Thats what I did.

Senior TGC Member
    If you REALLY, REALLY need just the adapter, best place I've found is Road Race Engineering. They sell it for use with just a K&N cone filter. You can get just the adapter alone. It's 35 or 45 bucks I think.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

you can also call or email the people either at injen, aem, weapon-r and just say u broke ur MAS adaptor or something and they will gladly sell you one. i've asked before and they are pretty nice.

but yea about the ebay ones, who cares if it comes with a filter, i've seen the adaptor alone go for more than they are selling on ebay. its ok to have an extra filter, hell if u want, u can slap it right back on ebay.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

what are you guys searching for on ebay? closest i could get is with "MAF adapter" and a bunch come up..but none for galant, eclipse, or mitsu in general, none for startus either :x

madspeed
    type in

air adapter