The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Manual Transmission Swap

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Elwenil

Manual Transmission Swap

Hey, here's a question that I couldn't find answered anywhere, so I hope someone here can, or can direct me to someone with the answers. Is it possible to swap a 5 speed out of an Eclipse or something into a Galant? I love my 02 ES, but this automatic has got to go! Has anyone tackled this project? Will a puter swap be needed, or does the Galant have seperate ECM's for engine and tranny functions? How about drive shafts? Clutch pedals and hydraulics? Shifter and cables? Help me out guys, I've done built the muscle cars, big 4X4's, and junk so now I figure I'll try the import/sport compact thing, but I wanted something different, rather than the same old Hondas, and Acuras. What should I do?
    Thanks for the time...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    yes, 3g trannies, tranny ecu = tossed, and shane has done it
    7g for life!

Could you go into more detail as to what we need and what we need to do? Cause im thinking about the conversion as well.

My car's head gaskets requires more torque than your honda puts out...

FinalLast
    http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12154

have fun

don't drool too much..

Elwenil
    Hey, thanks for the info. I searched and found that string before, but I guess the pics are no longer up. Any idea if they are still available somewhere? I'm really wanting to do this swap. I used to own the first 5 speed Dodge Avenger built, and since these cars are so similar (being from the same assembly plant) I really miss my 5 speed. I'm not worried about cost, I turn my own wrenches, so parts are all I need.
    Thanks again...

8ggalant
    go to tgcfla's site (tgc florida)

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    its always kinda nice to see other people trying to tackle the project that i was the first to do.. makes me kinda teary eyed..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

8ggalant
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche
    its always kinda nice to see other people trying to tackle the project that i was the first to do.. makes me kinda teary eyed..
    I HERR YA SHANE...LUCKLY....NO ONES BOUGHT MY HOOD....YET :?

Faction
    check out the florida page,

http://tgcfl.cjb.net/

go to member section and click on shane, you'll see all his swap pics that i've hosted for him

I will be on the throne with you soon enough HeadAche 8)

My car's head gaskets requires more torque than your honda puts out...