The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Air Shocks??

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Banned

Air Shocks??

Im not familiar with air shocks, but a friend of mine was recently telling me that i can adjust my rear ride height inexpensively with Air Shocks? Does anyone have these? Do they even make them for our car?

i'm dropped 2" in the rear with Megans Racing springs but i would like to raise my rear up at least 1". I dont know any other alternative.

coilovers man
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

you could get these those can go over any strut... idk about the rear shocks though

https://www.universalairsuspension.c...6c1423ea5e9929
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

why do you need to go 1" higher bro?

nonetheless, Martin is spot-on on coilovers.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I would also like to know. my car is low but when I have the kids in the back my ride stubs n grind from any thing. I want to rise it with kids n lower it when I go driving. I know about coil overs but I figured air shocks would be better cuz all I would have to do is flick a switch n boom new hieght and it would be good for air tools to have a 1/2 gallon tank n a compressor in the car. not to mention anything else u can come up with. plus I go to the beach with the kids n it would be good to blow up all those floating things. coil overs just seem like too much work to ajust every weekend. don't get me wrong I'm lazy but I clean. if u get my drift. besides I can mount it behind the back seat make a fake wall n still have my bass. n I thought coil overs ride hard or am I wrong? and would i ride rough with air shocks? please any help *noob alert*
    Now if a slap dont work then you cut 'em or pay'em

Bass...Compressor...floats....kids....beach.... wheres your cloths going?
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

I'm not sure if a 1/2 gal tank would be able to get enough psi to fill the air shocks, and you might burn out that compressor if it's having to constantly refill it.
    Plus it can get expensive just on fittings ( I spent 200+ when I bagged my truck). And it's a bitch when you have an air leak.

It would probably be cheaper to do coil overs imo.
    02 Galant GTZ stock
    00 S10 Bagged on 20's Suicide Doors 5 link and control arms, more to come!

redhaze its a family car. n was that 200+ on installation or in headaches kingscratchie? n I just wanted air shocks in the rear. I hate rubbing with the kids in the back.
    Now if a slap dont work then you cut 'em or pay'em

It was just 200 on fittings, but there were a lot more fittings for doing the whole truck instead of the back.

Also, it can be a pain the ass if you have an air leak or if your compressor goes out, you could be aired out and not be able to go any where of you don't have the parts on hand.
    02 Galant GTZ stock
    00 S10 Bagged on 20's Suicide Doors 5 link and control arms, more to come!