The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: QUESTION ???????

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

QUESTION ???????

I JUST ORDERED MY AIR SUSPENSION.........BUT I HAVE ONE QUESTION ........IS THEIR A GOVORNER OR SOMETING ON THE CYLINDER TO STOP IT AT A CERTAIN POINT CAUSE I DONT WANT TO SCREW UP THE BODY KIT...........................BUT I DO WANT IT TO LAY KIT HARD AS HELL ......N E HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED
    TEAM GENESIS

I'm sure there's something you can do, I'd ask the guy you got it from.

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

SilverKnight
    not if you got plain bags. although some air cylinders and air struts have something to regulate how low it goes but like i said earlyer "some" and to tell you the truth alot of them dont. so your just going to have to now how low you can drop it by what is says on the gauge and dont go past that or "crack" :nope:

that would suck.....................does n e 1 know if their is another way out....................................i nervouse now
    TEAM GENESIS

SkunK
    Luckily mine sits about an inch off the ground when completely lowered. The inner fenders rest on my tires/wheels. Otherwise, it would touch the ground. Unless you have smaller than 17" wheels, I don't think you'll have any trouble with that. I do have an idea for you though. If it turns out that you can go all the way to the ground and possibly drag or destroy your kit, then mount a rubber stop of some kind up into the inner fender so that it will prevent the car from going lower than you want. But don't drive with it really low.

A word of advice....if you do this mod, then you had better seriously plan on reinforcing your upper control arms. They WILL crack from the stress over time. You don't have to do it right away, but don't go for too long. The upper control arms from an eclipse are a direct replacement and they are about twice as thick and durable. (I have the Eclipse arms plus additional reinforcing brackets welded on ).

SilverKnight
    Quote Originally Posted by SkunK
    Luckily mine sits about an inch off the ground when completely lowered. The inner fenders rest on my tires/wheels. Otherwise, it would touch the ground. Unless you have smaller than 17" wheels, I don't think you'll have any trouble with that. I do have an idea for you though. If it turns out that you can go all the way to the ground and possibly drag or destroy your kit, then mount a rubber stop of some kind up into the inner fender so that it will prevent the car from going lower than you want. But don't drive with it really low.

A word of advice....if you do this mod, then you had better seriously plan on reinforcing your upper control arms. They WILL crack from the stress over time. You don't have to do it right away, but don't go for too long. The upper control arms from an eclipse are a direct replacement and they are about twice as thick and durable. (I have the Eclipse arms plus additional reinforcing brackets welded on ).
    i agree with everything he says. the best way to see if you will hit is to remove the bodykit completely (front,back,side's) the whole enchilada and then drop it. once droped see if the bodykit can be put on without it touching the ground (id say at least an inch clearance from the ground). if it dosen't touch then your all set. also what did you get: plain bags, cylinders or struts.

[size=18]<span style='color:red'>Warning</span>: if you are installing the kit yourself installe the wireing, hoses and valves first. always put the bags in last. (incase you need to use the car in an emergency or something so that it will be stock height and rideable)

thanks for the advise............yes im doing the install with a few friends......................and the kit is cylinders.......n e other suggestions
    TEAM GENESIS

SilverKnight
    cylinders huh............well get ready for a bumpy ride. plus shit breaks easier since bags bend and flex in any direction and cylinders well can't. if you havent ordered them yet id say spend the extra cash and get air Struts. Or spend an extra 200.00 dollars more then the air struts and get these new tight adjustable air struts. there just like air struts but they are threaded so the air bag can be adjusted like the spring on the coilovers. this way if it is to low just jack up your car and raise the bag like you would with a coilover then lower the car and whoalaaa....no hitting the ground.

PS. if you ordered it from AIM/airbagit.com you might still have a chance to change your order since i know they dont have the clamps/brackets already made and they would have to make them. taking them longer to get your order out. and if you can get 8 single valves and not 4 two way valves as for if one breaks you lost all control for that tire as if you get 8 single valves and one breaks you just lost one (either up or down) funtion for that tire.

i did order it from airbagit.......but i already have the whole setup at the house.......im putting it in tom........i guess ill just have to live with it!
    TEAM GENESIS

SilverKnight
    8) well best wishes with the setup to you.

Dont forget to post pics.