The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Multiple Missfire 99 galant

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Multiple Missfire 99 galant

Hello,

My 99 galant (ES V6, 150K miles) was running fine except for a oil leak. My Mechanic told me to fix that he has to take timing belt off, we he replaced two seals, timing belt, water pump and other belts. However, it was still leaking oil.

So, he replaced head gasket (both) and valves as well as valve seal. (Valves were seated using hand grinding using grinding oil)

When I test drove the car, it was hesitating. He had already replaced rear 3 spark plugs, so now he replaced front 3 as well as wires and car still misfire. Earlier we were getting P0300, after we earsed the code there are no new codes yet but car do hesitate when I push the accelerator or idle. If I hit the accelerator hard, the jerkiness is gone. I have put so much money into it and my mechanic cannot figure out what should be the next step. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jay

Something may have went wrong during the Head-gasket job, or when seating the valves. Also I noticed you didn't mention replacing the distributor cap and rotor on the car, that would be my next step. As well as checking the valve cover gaskets and spark plug tube seals if they weren't replaced when the heads were off.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Something may have went wrong during the Head-gasket job, or when seating the valves. Also I noticed you didn't mention replacing the distributor cap and rotor on the car, that would be my next step. As well as checking the valve cover gaskets and spark plug tube seals if they weren't replaced when the heads were off.
    The Valve cover gasket was changed. After the head gasket job, the car was cutting off. So mechanic got a distributor from junk yard and changed it. I don't think that the spark plug tube seals were changed.

Is chaning spark plug tune seals a major jobs particularly the rear once?

Also, is there anyway to check the distributor cap and rotor?

Regards,

Jay

Have him check the wires to all your fuel injectors they dry rot and when you start playing with them they break unknowingly that's all that's left cause he pretty much replaced everything else that has to do with the ignition system..

Changing tube seals as involved as doing rear spark plugs, the manifold has to come off plus valve cover. Usually the valve cover gaskets includes tube seals so its likely they got done.

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

What would be the best way to check wire for fuel injector other then visual inspection. also, can you just buy the wire for the fuel injector or we have to change the whole wire harness?

Just wanted to give update that the problem is resolved by changing the distributor. The car runs great.

Glad you got it all figured out ;)