The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g carpet

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    llatinn4_20

8g carpet

So couple of things...
    One-y carpet gets wet after using the air conditioner. How do i make sure that the drain stops getting clogged.
    Two-way has anyone ordered carpet from rock auto to replace my old, damp, torn carpet.
    Thanks in advance.

I had this problem with my car. You need to access the A/C through the engine compartment. You might need to remove a motor mount to get to it, but when you find the source of the leak, put a silicon ring around the area so it drips down to a different area. Took me forever to figure this out, haha.

Its coming underneath your driver side i'm assuming?

Work I got a shop vac a funnel and tube that fits on end of the funnel. Took my lower dash off. Diassembled the ac on passenger side and removed the blower motor to middle console part. I turn suction on vac hose connected it to the funnel and. Used end of hose that was on funnel to suction any debris out of there (as it was clogged. Might not be case for you. Then, I poured water in and made sure it drianed. Now in engine compartment find the drain hose, it right above the rear motor mount cover by some insulation its just a cylinder coming out. I had some old trans hose with a 90 degree bend on it I cut it so the bend was only thing left then I put it on cylinder. What I'm guessing is when driving first the water wasn't getting out from the dirt amd second the speed of the air made water not exit, but speed of air is not enough to push water up and back in I did this then tested it all over a week period and I actually had draining water. Good luck. If u need picks PM me

This happened to me!

It's on the passenger's side.

Water is dripping or rather sometimes flows like a faucet when we did a test run on my 8g after converting fro RHD to LHD.

Dripping/pouring of water occurs when we do sudden overtakes and swerves.

It also increases after a long period of driving.

I do hope they fixed the damned problem.
    =====================================

Formerly 386 kms. apart...

My 8g and I are now together...FOR-E-Vah!!!