The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A/C Recirculator Button

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

A/C Recirculator Button

On my wife's 2000 Galant when we press the air re-circulation button it doesn't do anything. It lights up but it still pulls in air from the outside. I'm not sure if this is the right name for it, it's the thing that switches between pulling in air from the outside or just recirculating the air inside the car.

Is there a fuse or relay for this? I assume there's a motor somewhere to switch between inside & outside air, where would it be?

Take glove box out and if u have the air filter its above that pretty cool to watch it switch after u hit the button. But its basically a gate that opens, if u take the whole ac housing apart you can test it. That means taking just the glove box, radio bezel trim, and the gray underdash part that wraps around the bottom hald of radio area the motor is on the assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    Take glove box out and if u have the air filter its above that pretty cool to watch it switch after u hit the button. But its basically a gate that opens, if u take the whole ac housing apart you can test it. That means taking just the glove box, radio bezel trim, and the gray underdash part that wraps around the bottom hald of radio area the motor is on the assembly.
    I'll give that a shot, thanks.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of what it looks like, would you?

Also if it's not working would it be the motor or maybe a fuse or relay that went bad?

I don't think the switch has its own fuse just part of a circuit, and during the week I'm too busy with school and work if you PM me your phone number the fastest I can do is text u pics until the weekend.